microsofts 3d studio max 4 .x exporter problems

microsofts 3d studio max 4 .x exporter problems

Post by rsud » Sun, 30 Dec 2001 16:49:34

I have acces to max 4.2 and have put the microsoft
.x file exporter plugin in place.

Several problems.

1) the orientation in max is not the same once
loaded into a directx application. The 'top'
viewport in max becomes the front of the object
when viewed in meshviewer or in an directx app
with the camera at 0,0,-100.

2) yawpitchroll transformation completely*
up for pitch and roll if the yaw is changed after
the object loads.

The donuts3d demo comes with several .x's that
when I load into my app (or meshviewer) look
correct and the yawpitchroll function works
properly. regardless of yaw, the object will
roll and pitch properly.

DOes anyone know how the sample .x's in the sdk
where generated??

Anyone have experience with .x's from max??

microsofts 3d studio max 4 .x exporter problems

Post by hunde » Wed, 02 Jan 2002 02:15:48

The only problems currently being reported consistently on
the forums with Max4.2's x file exporter are with
textures, so people must be getting orientation worked out.

Personally, I export to 3DS and use conv3ds (which is no
dream either) - usually takes 3-4 iterations to get
everything right.

Good luck.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I have acces to max 4.2 and have put the microsoft
>..x file exporter plugin in place.

>Several problems.

>1) the orientation in max is not the same once
>loaded into a directx application. The 'top'
>viewport in max becomes the front of the object
>when viewed in meshviewer or in an directx app
>with the camera at 0,0,-100.

>2) yawpitchroll transformation completely*
>up for pitch and roll if the yaw is changed after
>the object loads.

>The donuts3d demo comes with several .x's that
>when I load into my app (or meshviewer) look
>correct and the yawpitchroll function works
>properly. regardless of yaw, the object will
>roll and pitch properly.

>DOes anyone know how the sample .x's in the sdk
>where generated??

>Anyone have experience with .x's from max??
>.

microsofts 3d studio max 4 .x exporter problems

Post by Jimbo » Sat, 19 Jan 2002 05:13:37

In 3D Studio Max, Z points upwards. In DirectX, Z points
towards you. You have to take this into account when you
make the models or in your application.
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I have acces to max 4.2 and have put the microsoft
>..x file exporter plugin in place.

>Several problems.

>1) the orientation in max is not the same once
>loaded into a directx application. The 'top'
>viewport in max becomes the front of the object
>when viewed in meshviewer or in an directx app
>with the camera at 0,0,-100.

>2) yawpitchroll transformation completely*
>up for pitch and roll if the yaw is changed after
>the object loads.

>The donuts3d demo comes with several .x's that
>when I load into my app (or meshviewer) look
>correct and the yawpitchroll function works
>properly. regardless of yaw, the object will
>roll and pitch properly.

>DOes anyone know how the sample .x's in the sdk
>where generated??

>Anyone have experience with .x's from max??
>.

1. Problem with Lightscape Exporter Plug-in for 3D Studio MAX

3D Studio MAX crashes while trying to export a Lightscape Preparation file
using the newest Lightscape Exporter Plug-in.  I have a 200 Mhz Pentium
Pro system with 128 Megs of ram.  I have a Matrox Millennium accelerator
board with 8 megs of memory.  I'm using Windows NT 4.

I've had this with very simple models like a single small group of objects
(a desk) enclosed by a single box primitive.  Nothing fancy.  I can export
the box and I can export the desk separately, but together they crash.
Any help would be appreciated.  I hope this is enough technical info.

Bill Dill

2. animation tool

3. Problem with 3D Studio MAX VRML Exporter

4. >>> ARE YOU READY FOR LOVE? <<<

5. Problem with Microsofts exporter for Maya

6. Repost: Data for visualization

7. Obj exporter for 3D Studio MAX R3.1

8. Tutorial for Scans needed

9. freeware VRML97 exporter for 3D Studio MAX

10. 3d studio max exporter

11. best 3D Studio Max books (was Re: 3d Studio Max)

12. sale 3d studio max verkaufe 3d studio max

13. 3D Studio MAX 1.2 3 D Studio MAX 1.2 3D Studio MAX 1.2 3D Studio MAX 1.2