DirectX Texture Tool will not load

Post by Ranjit » Fri, 28 Feb 2003 04:44:53

I have been working with DirectX 8 for a while, and using
the texture tool included with no problems. However,
after installing DirectX 9, the new version of the
texture tool will not load, telling me that the direct3d
device could not be loaded, and recommended setting my
display color depth to 16 or 32 bit. I have tried both,
and got the same error. Could something else be causing
the problem?

        Ranjith

Post by Ranjit » Fri, 28 Feb 2003 07:00:11

> [...]

D3D9 requires a
>DX7 level driver, while D3D8 required a DX6 level driver.

I'm using a GeForce4 Ti 4600. I just installed the latest
drivers from the NVidia site, and that didn't fix the
problem. All of the samples seemed to run fine, except
for the RTPatch sample which said that it couldn't find a
compatible direct3d device.

             Ranjith

DirectX Texture Tool will not load

Post by Rich [Microsoft Direct3D MV » Fri, 28 Feb 2003 07:14:08

Quote:>All of the samples seemed to run fine [...]

OK, then its not your driver level that's the problem.  The source to
the texture tool is included in the SDK.  You can try recompiling a
debug version and see if you can determine the location of the
problem.  It could be a bug in the tool.

The source is in DXSDK/Samples/C++/Direct3D/DXTex
        izfree: Open source tools for Windows Installer
                <http://izfree.sourceforge.net>

1. DirectX 9.0a not loading from Microsoft

One of my machines (Windows XP currently running
DirectX 8.1 according to dxdiag), when i try to
upgrade to 9.0a, I continue to get an error message
from the DirectX dxwebsetup installer, stating that
it is unable to download the files. The net connection
is fine for the machine (ftp,tcp/ip all appear to
work OK). If there was a way to get the whole
directx9.0a installation, that might work, but the
dxwebsetup, which attempts to download files from
MS, is failing. Any ideas?

2. Profesional Write - File Conversion

4. Wanted: sample morphing program

5. Someone willing to help a beginner with texturing?

6. Stupid question

7. DirectX Q.: loading the same animation (x file) twice

8. POV newsgroup/mail list?

9. Maya Complete 4.5 DirectX exporter loading error?

11. load 3dsmax in directx

12. DirectX bmp loading problem