displaying ime window in d3d8

Post by nubbur » Thu, 04 Jul 2002 16:56:19

in d3d7 there's FlipToGDISurface() interface to render
window such as IME input.. when putting japanese
charactor or chinese character.

how can be done in d3d8? writing japanese or chinese
character.

displaying ime window in d3d8

Post by Philip Taylor [ MS » Fri, 05 Jul 2002 05:00:38

you would have to render the IME in 3D, as there is no interop with GDI with
the 8 interfaces.

or wait for D3D9...

--

Phil Taylor
PM : DirectX SDK, Managed DirectX, Windows XP Inbox 3D screensavers, and a

Quote:> in d3d7 there's FlipToGDISurface() interface to render
> window such as IME input.. when putting japanese
> charactor or chinese character.

> how can be done in d3d8? writing japanese or chinese
> character.

1. D3D8 Display Problem

Hi,
I don't know how to handle a D3D8 fullscreen application that we jump back
to the window by pressing the window key or ALT+Tab.
After that, there are some problems remained that the window cannot be back
the fullscreen display, just holding onto the screen.

Please tell me how to solve it, or are there any examples to deal with the
Alt+Tab problem of a D3D8 application.

Thanks a lot.

Cheers,
Felix MY CAT

2. Weird TWAIN problem..

3. D3D8 && IME, How to?

4. Quaternion rotation in script

5. Chinese text in Win2000 global IME with PSP7?

6. Euler circuits algorithm

7. Win2K and Japanese IME

8. Need help in recommending OpenGL books

9. Softquadro HERE IS MY 2 HOURS TEST RESOLTS IME VERY IMPRESSED

10. how to write my own IME editor

11. How can I use IME under fullscreen Mode.

12. D3D8 Question

13. 2d in D3d8