Documentation about XSkinExp.dle and SkinnedMesh sample?

Documentation about XSkinExp.dle and SkinnedMesh sample?

Post by Bae, Hyun-ji » Sun, 05 Jan 2003 10:13:34

Can I get the documentation about XSkinExp.dle and SkinnedMesh sample,
describing source code architecture or notes for assisting understanding the
source codes?

Thanks,

Hyun-jik

Documentation about XSkinExp.dle and SkinnedMesh sample?

Post by Philip Taylo » Mon, 06 Jan 2003 03:37:30

I made a couple posts about the skinned mesh sample in DX8, searching for
that might prove worthwhile.

the exporters dont have any additional documentation, nor does the sample.

--
Phil Taylor

Quote:> Can I get the documentation about XSkinExp.dle and SkinnedMesh sample,
> describing source code architecture or notes for assisting understanding
the
> source codes?

> Thanks,

> Hyun-jik

Documentation about XSkinExp.dle and SkinnedMesh sample?

Post by Oskar Lindgre » Mon, 06 Jan 2003 05:01:30

Dont use the exporter as a base for your own exporter, it is very hard to
understand. Download the MaxSDK(or was it on the CD?) instead
and play with the exemples..

> I made a couple posts about the skinned mesh sample in DX8, searching for
> that might prove worthwhile.

> the exporters dont have any additional documentation, nor does the sample.

> --
> Phil Taylor
rights.

> > Can I get the documentation about XSkinExp.dle and SkinnedMesh sample,
> > describing source code architecture or notes for assisting understanding
> the
> > source codes?

> > Thanks,

> > Hyun-jik

Documentation about XSkinExp.dle and SkinnedMesh sample?

Post by Ted Howar » Mon, 06 Jan 2003 07:41:14

Having made exporters, I would highly recommend starting with the supplied
exporters and altering them as you see fit. There are way too many
undocumented (or incorrectly documented) problems with the max SDK.

--
-Ted
Want to hire a C# or C++ programmer/former WildTangent employee/BSEE from

> Dont use the exporter as a base for your own exporter, it is very hard to
> understand. Download the MaxSDK(or was it on the CD?) instead
> and play with the exemples..

> > I made a couple posts about the skinned mesh sample in DX8, searching
for
> > that might prove worthwhile.

> > the exporters dont have any additional documentation, nor does the
sample.

> > --
> > Phil Taylor
> rights.

> > > Can I get the documentation about XSkinExp.dle and SkinnedMesh sample,
> > > describing source code architecture or notes for assisting
understanding
> > the
> > > source codes?

> > > Thanks,

> > > Hyun-jik

Documentation about XSkinExp.dle and SkinnedMesh sample?

Post by Hsiang-Tai Chie » Tue, 07 Jan 2003 19:26:42

I also have done an DirectX File Exporter from the DirectX Export sample in
DX8 SDK, and I would highly recommend the DX Export sample just like Ted.
The DX File Export sample is very clear and easy to understand!!

Hsiang-Tai Chien

> Having made exporters, I would highly recommend starting with the supplied
> exporters and altering them as you see fit. There are way too many
> undocumented (or incorrectly documented) problems with the max SDK.

> --
> -Ted
> Want to hire a C# or C++ programmer/former WildTangent employee/BSEE from
> Rice/Fulbright Scholar?
> Email ted <underscore> yantis at yahoo dot com

> > Dont use the exporter as a base for your own exporter, it is very hard
> > understand. Download the MaxSDK(or was it on the CD?) instead
> > and play with the exemples..

> > > I made a couple posts about the skinned mesh sample in DX8, searching
> for
> > > that might prove worthwhile.

> > > the exporters dont have any additional documentation, nor does the
> sample.

> > > --
> > > Phil Taylor
> > rights.

> understanding
> > > the

Documentation about XSkinExp.dle and SkinnedMesh sample?

Post by SkullOn » Wed, 08 Jan 2003 22:01:13

heh good luck with the skinned mesh example. That one took me many many
tries to figure it out.
Be sure you understand the concept of the frame hierachy before you try and
figure it all out. Also
make sure you take the time to understand how to read a xfile too as it is a
little different
than most things you've seen before probably.
--
SkullOne - Hero Interactive
http://www.hero-interactive.com

> I made a couple posts about the skinned mesh sample in DX8, searching for
> that might prove worthwhile.

> the exporters dont have any additional documentation, nor does the sample.

> --
> Phil Taylor
rights.

> > Can I get the documentation about XSkinExp.dle and SkinnedMesh sample,
> > describing source code architecture or notes for assisting understanding
> the
> > source codes?

> > Thanks,

> > Hyun-jik

1. UVW Map texture coordinates can't be export from xskinexp.dle

Hi,
   I am using xskinexp.dle to export model in 3dsmax,but after I render it
in my application, the texture wasn't mapped as it was in 3dsmax.  Whatever
I change of uvw map in 3dsmax,the texture coordinate in .x file always are
fixed.  Does anyone know why ?
  thanks alot!

yours sincerely
Ken

2. Flash Chat on AOL!

3. XSkinExp.dle

4. YASRT Raytracer for MacOS

5. Patched XSkinExp.dle??

6. xskinexp.dle exporting textures + animation as text file

7. DX SDK 9 SkinnedMesh sample

8. SkinnedMesh Sample for DX9 VB.NET

9. SkinnedMesh sample

10. INFO:article on flipcode.com presenting a more modular SkinnedMesh sample