Trouble debugging app which uses SSE2 instructions

Trouble debugging app which uses SSE2 instructions

Post by Danie » Mon, 18 Feb 2002 21:12:25

I`m try to debug application which uses d3dx math
functions, and when de* encounters SSE2 instruction I
get "First-chance exception in billboard.exe: 0xC000001D:
Illegal Instruction.".

I have P4,win98,visual studio 6.0 enterprise edition.
I installed both service pack 5 and proccessor pack for
visual studio and it`s still the same.

Any help appriciated

Greetings from Slovenia
Daniel

Trouble debugging app which uses SSE2 instructions

Post by Philip Taylor [MS » Wed, 20 Feb 2002 09:28:52

wasnt there a problem with the fpu vxd for 98? vmcpd.vxd. have you
downloaded the fixed version? this was provided in the dx7 sdk.

--
Phil Taylor
PM : DirectX SDK, Managed DirectX, WindowsXP Inbox 3D Screensavers, and a

Quote:> I`m try to debug application which uses d3dx math
> functions, and when de* encounters SSE2 instruction I
> get "First-chance exception in billboard.exe: 0xC000001D:
> Illegal Instruction.".

> I have P4,win98,visual studio 6.0 enterprise edition.
> I installed both service pack 5 and proccessor pack for
> visual studio and it`s still the same.

> Any help appriciated

> Greetings from Slovenia
> Daniel

Trouble debugging app which uses SSE2 instructions

Post by Danie » Sat, 23 Feb 2002 05:37:40

vmcpd.vxd wasn`t anywhere on my computer.
So I downloaded the file from the internet and now
de* is working without any problem.

Thank you for your help
Daniel

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>wasnt there a problem with the fpu vxd for 98? vmcpd.vxd.
have you
>downloaded the fixed version? this was provided in the
dx7 sdk.

>--
>Phil Taylor
>PM : DirectX SDK, Managed DirectX, WindowsXP Inbox 3D
Screensavers, and a
>few more bits and bobs
>http://www.veryComputer.com/

confers no rights.

1. Recompiling BMRT for P4's SSE2 instructions

Would there be any value to recompiling the BMRT/Exluna renderer to exploit
the P4's SSE2 instructions? From what I've heard, the 1.5-GHz P4 can execute
up to 6 billion double-precision SSE2 floating-point operations per second.
At first glance, this would seem to represent a sixfold speed improvement
over a 1-GHz PIII. Or is SSE2 useless for rendering?

2. EPS Text Prints Out Too Bold in PageMaker

3. Trouble debugging Screamernet setup ...

4. Physical simulation

5. Newbie, Visual C++, trouble debugging

6. Q: Unidentified glDrawPixels error

7. Problem with redrawing when sending keys to a 16-bit app with the SendKeys instruction

8. ? Debugging VESA 2.0 Apps with Watcom 10.6 ?

9. debugging problem with opengl apps and visual c++6.0

10. TIP: Debugging OI apps in VC++

11. Debugging DX9 apps