CD3DFont and ID3DXFont

Post by Mana of Tott » Tue, 31 Dec 2002 06:58:19

Hi, Is the performance of CD3DFont better than that of ID3DXFont??
IMHO, ID3DXFont is quite slow...

Thanks...
Mana of Totti (www.IBE1.com) haha

CD3DFont and ID3DXFont

Post by RocWoo » Mon, 30 Dec 2002 23:29:35

However?CD3DFont could ont support English letters

Quote:> Hi, Is the performance of CD3DFont better than that of ID3DXFont??
> IMHO, ID3DXFont is quite slow...

CD3DFont and ID3DXFont

Post by Philip Taylo » Wed, 01 Jan 2003 02:02:54

CD3DFont is quicker than ID3DXFont, but doesnt correctly handle italic
fonts, or non-English fonts.

the source to CD3DFont is included so you could improve it.

Quote:> Hi, Is the performance of CD3DFont better than that of ID3DXFont??
> IMHO, ID3DXFont is quite slow...

> Thanks...
> Mana of Totti (www.IBE1.com) haha

1. CD3DFont question

How would I set the CD3DFont to do bold, italics, and underline (all at the
same time).
Also how would I be able to find out the width of a char displayed?

This is all in the hope of making a teleprompter type desplay for a RTF
file.

Reikes

2. Computer graphics development career in Europe

3. Large Fonts and CD3DFont and texture limits

4. Skeletal Animation sources

5. cd3dfont, and uninstalled font

6. Complete web graphics explanation?

7. Pixel debris when using Large CD3DFont

8. Question

9. bug in CD3DFont ???

10. After drawing text using CD3DFont class, images are not rendering

11. question about cd3dfont (smooth the edges)

12. ID3DXFont Error???

13. DirectX9 + ID3DXFont + SetStreamSource