ANN: new shader article, Using Vertex Shaders, Part III: Optimizing the Tweening Vertex Shader, is live

ANN: new shader article, Using Vertex Shaders, Part III: Optimizing the Tweening Vertex Shader, is live

Post by Philip Taylor [ MS » Sat, 26 May 2001 09:10:03

on http://msdn.microsoft.com/voices/ and http://msdn.microsoft.com/directx.
the directx link may take a bit longer.

--
Phil Taylor, DirectX SDK PM
http://msdn.microsoft.com/directx

ANN: new shader article, Using Vertex Shaders, Part III: Optimizing the Tweening Vertex Shader, is live

Post by Philip Taylor [ MS » Sun, 27 May 2001 03:55:16

about 700fps.

its a 1g CPU and dolphin doesnt stress either the CPU or the GPU.

> Useful and Interesting article, I ran it on my ge2mx in sw and got 207fps
> see your a lucky guy and have a ge3!
> Incidentally how quick is it on the ge3 on sw?

> Thanks Tony

> > on http://msdn.microsoft.com/voices/ and
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/directx.
> > the directx link may take a bit longer.

> > --
> > Phil Taylor, DirectX SDK PM
> > http://msdn.microsoft.com/directx

1. ANN:New MSDN shader article up, includes some skinning coverage

this article covers the 6 vertex shader exercises in the MSDN Shader
Workshop.

exercise 6 performs skinning with shaders.

these exercises are also in the SDK as examples of effects files, so this
explanation may benefit anyone who wondered what they did.

at

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dndr...
l/directx04152002.asp.

hth.

--
Phil Taylor
PM : DirectX SDK, Managed DirectX, Windows XP Inbox 3D screensavers, and a

2. Reading and manipulate DXF-Files

3. ANN: new MSDN Voices article, Intro to Pixel Shaders

4. Human and Monsters Textures updated

5. vertex buffer with FVF used with programmable vertex shader

6. Announce - Gallery URL's wanted

7. state of vertex shaders and pixel shaders in OpenGL

8. nvidia 3 and vertex shader and pixel shader?

9. what is the pixel shader and vertex shader?

10. Using ID3DXMesh with custom vertex shader

11. worth using vertex shaders ?

12. HW Vertex Processing, Fog, and Vertex Shader Problem