Reset / Switch fullscreen/windowed

Post by Mark Ingra » Sat, 22 Mar 2003 21:56:26

Hi,

does anyone have a good tutorial or code portion that demonstrates howto
switch from windowed to fullscreen and vice versa, and also howto reset the
viewport correctly? all attempts result in crashing!

--
Regards,

Skute

Reset / Switch fullscreen/windowed

Post by Peter Rac » Sat, 22 Mar 2003 22:08:05

Quote:> Hi,

> does anyone have a good tutorial or code portion that demonstrates howto
> switch from windowed to fullscreen and vice versa, and also howto reset
the
> viewport correctly? all attempts result in crashing!

The SDK contains the common framework application, written in C++.
That makes exactly what you need.

Peter

Reset / Switch fullscreen/windowed

Post by Mark Ingra » Sat, 22 Mar 2003 23:14:35

i dont want to use the common frame work as im already in the middle of
something, i just want to give the user the ability to switch fullscreen /
windowed

--
Regards,

Skute

> > Hi,

> > does anyone have a good tutorial or code portion that demonstrates howto
> > switch from windowed to fullscreen and vice versa, and also howto reset
> the
> > viewport correctly? all attempts result in crashing!

> The SDK contains the common framework application, written in C++.
> That makes exactly what you need.

> Peter

Reset / Switch fullscreen/windowed

Post by Rich [Microsoft Direct3D MV » Sat, 22 Mar 2003 23:31:31

Quote:>i dont want to use the common frame work as im already in the middle of
>something, i just want to give the user the ability to switch fullscreen /
>windowed

The point was that you can look in the common framework code to see
an example of how it's done.
        izfree: Open source tools for Windows Installer
                <http://izfree.sourceforge.net>

1. two question about Directx 3D version 8.x (Reset and switching between fullscreen and windowed mode)

Hello,

    I have just started working with Directx 3D (8.0).  I would like for my
program to be able to switch from full screen mode to windowed mode.  I
believe this can be done in the following steps:

release all surfaces

release the device

resize the window

recreate the device

recreate the surfaces

I'm I missing anything?  Or is there an easy way with using "Reset"?

Not quite sure if the textures and materials have to be recreated, have
looked at the dependencies yet.

Any suggestions are apperiated.

Bob

2. Resources

3. switching between fullscreen and windowed mode

4. GL_WEIRDNESS mode? :)

5. Switching from Fullscreen to Windowed and vice versa with DirectX

6. Do you move the camera, or the world?

7. perforomance diff in Fullscreen and windowed???

8. glBindTexture comment

9. Windowed/Fullscreen FPS Question

10. fullscreen & windowed

11. fullscreen versus windowed fps

12. From FullScreen To Windowed Mode

13. switch between windowed and full screen