1. Exclusive use of the Primary Buffer
Must I have an own window showed, and max size (covering
all the other windows), and with POPUP style (to avoid
somebody decreasing its size and thus showing what's
I've seen DX applications with a window with title bar,
but anyway even diminishing its size, what appeared behind
the window was a black background.. i.e. other processes'
windows couldn't show anything anyway.
In my so far unfortunate experiments with DX3 instead, just
setting EXCLUSIVE and FULLSCREEN cooperative level doesn't
stop other windows from updating the screen (e.g. the clock's
window you get by doubleclicking the time icon on the systray).
Only Lock() effectively prevents that (note that in my app I
do not want to change the screenmode, but keep the one that
was in use before).
Also, I'd like to get rid of the message loop.. can I, in some
2. NIkon LS-20 versus LS-100
3. Ray Dream Designer 4 vs ???
4. primary/secondary ray visiblity and shadow rays
6. Need help choosing a primary animation app
7. ANNOUNCE: Primary Image promise Barracuda IG this fall
8. Switching primary display from built-in to NUBUS card
9. HELP: Looking for Sassoon Primary Type
10. CIE primary and white point specification in TIFF (vs ISO IIF)
11. Naive Question About Primary Colors