soselection error

Post by hael » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 05:46:59

hi,

my scenegraph root node is a SoSelection node. in the code of my
classes i want to create a path to a node. so i got the scenegraph
root from the viewer and do:

mySelectionRoot->select(this);

and i got the error:

Inventor error in SoSelection::select():
Node does not pass through this selection node.

"this" is a SoBaseKit derived class. i want to typecast the returning
path to a SoFullPath, but i got the error before.
does anybody knows, how to solve this selection problem???

thanks a lot
haelje

1. OpenInventor: Problems with SoSelection->setPickFilterCallback

I have encountered a problem with the setPickFilterCallback method of
SoSelection.

After having installed a FilterCallback function I noticed that the
installed function is always called twice.

This is a problem because I wanted to use the filter-function to
temporary create an additional object in the scene which afterwards
should become selected.

Obviously this leads to problems if the filterfunction is called twice.

By the way: the problem with twice calling of the filterFunction
doesn't seem to be a bug in my program. You can observe that, for
example, in the gview-demo-code the filterfunction is also called
twice.

Is this a bug or do I misunderstand something.

Peter Rohleder

--

  German National Research Center for Computer Science (GMD)
  Schloss Birlinghoven, D-53754 Sankt Augustin, FR Germany

2. Help for Macroform

3. SoSelection Problem in Open Inventor(Inventor2.0)

4. orthographic projection

5. SoCallback and SoSelection

6. Virtua fighter: Polygon graphics .. how to ?

7. Help!!!how to make SoSelection or SoExtSelction to pick up the root node form nodekits

8. skewing bitmaps...

9. SoSelection in toggle policy with manipulators and ShapeKits...

10. SoSelection Problem

11. SoSelection

12. Problem with SoSelection