XEvent notification (configure event)

Post by Christoph Hintermülle » Fri, 13 Jun 2003 05:16:39

Hi
I've one question about Open Inentor event loop
Is it possible to tell Open inventor, that a specific part of the
application want'ts to be notified about x configure event, without
intercepting event processing of SoXtExaminerViewer? Is it possible to
request notification after viewer has been created and realized?

If i understand the documentation correctly
SoXtRenderarea::setEventCallback(SoXtRenderAreaEventCB *fcn,
                                 void *userData = NULL)

would replace the EventCallback set by SoXtExaminer Viewer or any derived
class or ancestor without stroring it's address.
Creating my own class beeing derived from SoXtExaminerViewer setting new
callback while saving previous callback is not possible either as Viewer
is allready existing when specific part of application requests to be
notified about configure events.

So which would be the best solution for registering non intercepting
notification for X configure event without breaking Viewers event handling
mechanism, when viewer allready has been created ??

cu
Christoph

Post by Mike He » Sat, 14 Jun 2003 00:34:42

> I've one question about Open Inentor event loop
> Is it possible to tell Open inventor, that a specific part of the
> application want'ts to be notified about x configure event, without
> intercepting event processing of SoXtExaminerViewer? Is it possible to
> request notification after viewer has been created and realized?

> If i understand the documentation correctly
> SoXtRenderarea::setEventCallback(SoXtRenderAreaEventCB *fcn,
>                                  void *userData = NULL)

> would replace the EventCallback set by SoXtExaminer Viewer or any derived
> class or ancestor without stroring it's address.
> Creating my own class beeing derived from SoXtExaminerViewer setting new
> callback while saving previous callback is not possible either as Viewer
> is allready existing when specific part of application requests to be
> notified about configure events.

FYI, none of the standard SoXt classes call setEventCallback.
So as long as you know your application does not use this
callback in some other place, it should be safe to use it.

-Mike
 TGS Inc, http://www.tgs.com

Post by Theodore W. Hal » Sat, 14 Jun 2003 19:01:27

> Is it possible to tell Open inventor, that a specific part of the
> application want'ts to be notified about x configure event, without
> intercepting event processing of SoXtExaminerViewer? Is it possible to
> request notification after viewer has been created and realized?

I use this -- it seems to work well:

   XtInsertEventHandler (
      widget, StructureNotifyMask, False,
      proc, data, XtListTail) ;

This speaks directly to the Xt layer; OpenInventor never sees it.

---

Ted Hall

1. Event Notification???

Hey guys,
Has anybody ever had any success using the Notify.exe that ships with Max? I
am running Max r3.1 and this following problem is driving me mad!!
I have tried over and over again to get Notify.exe to work properly with
Max, however the best I can expect from it is to launch itself..(the actuall
exe) when Max completes a network render....it doesnt play the sounds that
it if configured to play....it just launches the Notify.exe program!
I will now write down step by step how I get it to work (or not get it to
work as the case may be!!)....if anybody can see me doing something really
silly and obviouse...please point it out...

1: Open Notify.exe and select the sounds I wish Max to play for each
event...Complete/Failiures/Notification
2: Set up my scene in Max and run a "Network" Render.
3: Check the "Notify" box in the Network Render menu, and check the boxes
next to Completion/Failure/Notification
4: Set the network render running....
5: Sit back and wait for something to happen....
6: Get very angry when absoulutley nothing happens excpet the Notify.exe
program launches...and does not play any sound whatsoever.

It also says in the Max manual that you can use any .BAT/.EXE or .CMD file
as long as it has the name "Notify" infront of its extension...
ie. Notify.BAT. It says that Max should then launch this program when Max
renders...However, I tried this with a little BAT file of my own, (that
connects to the net and emails you) but it did absolutley nothing
whatsoever!!

Can anybody work out what on earth I am doing wrong? Its killing me lol....I
just dont understand it!

If anybody can help...I would (as usual) appreciate it very much.

All the best

Mark

ps. I allready have the "Ishani" version of Notify.exe...which supposedly
launches any application or file you want on render...however, I cant get
that to work either!

2. rotating a single character

3. event notification

4. Q:most affordable way to put to tape (high quality)

5. Setting Event Notification

6. Damaged AVI

7. XEvent

8. help: how to take picture of faces and put on different bodies

9. VkPopupMenu::show(XEvent) not showing?

10. GLUT 1) event scheduling 2) mouse moved events in IRIX

11. MSN Alerts and notification popup control

12. SoEngine::evaluate() and notification

13. MouseMove event, but no MouseExit event?