Problems with setString()

Post by Jeff Kallenbac » Tue, 08 Aug 2000 04:00:00

In my dialog panel, I have a PoXtEditTextData *hitFile.  I would like to
allow the user to set this from the command line, so I need to use
hitFile->setString("fileName"); but this leaves the field on the panel
blank.  What am I doing wrong?  FWIW, I am using 3DMS 3.5 on RedHat
6.1.1.
--

Cheers,
Jeff

Problems with setString()

Post by Jeff Kallenbac » Tue, 08 Aug 2000 04:00:00

> In my dialog panel, I have a PoXtEditTextData *hitFile.  I would like to
> allow the user to set this from the command line, so I need to use
> hitFile->setString("fileName"); but this leaves the field on the panel
> blank.  What am I doing wrong?  FWIW, I am using 3DMS 3.5 on RedHat
> 6.1.1.
> --

Also, the files are being read correctly from the command line.  That
is, I enter my command line args and the files are opened and the data
displayed in the graphics window correctly.  It's just that the field
containing the file name is not being updated by the setString() method.

--

Post by Mike Hec » Sat, 12 Aug 2000 04:00:00

> In my dialog panel, I have a PoXtEditTextData *hitFile.  I would like to
> allow the user to set this from the command line, so I need to use
> hitFile->setString("fileName"); but this leaves the field on the panel
> blank.  What am I doing wrong?  FWIW, I am using 3DMS 3.5 on RedHat
> 6.1.1.

I thought I had seen this work in one of our demo programs
and I was right, but there is a strange twist.  The actual
behavior may indicate a bug, but at least you'll have a
fairly simple work-around.

I noticed that we create the editText field like this:

    PoXtEditTextData *pText =
        new PoXtEditTextData( "Label", "Initial string", 20 );
    dlgElements[FIELD_ID] = pText;

but calling pText->setString() has no effect.  What
does work, is this code in the dialog callback function:

    dialogCallback( void *user_data,
                    PoXtDialog::PoXtDialogDataCB * data) {
        PoXtEditTextData *pText2 =
            (PoXtEditTextData*)data->dialog->get1Value(FIELD_ID);
        pText2->setString( "New string" );

The really strange thing is that the pText and pText2
pointers do not contain the same value.  Oh well.
Hope this helps.

-Mike
 TGS Inc, http://www.tgs.com

1. Problems..Problems..Problems

I'm kind of new to 3ds MAX an i've got some problems using it.
(I've got:3ds Max R1.0, Win 95,Cyrix 166+,32 Megs of Ram,Diamond
Stealth 2000)

First of all,when I launch it it always pops up a dialog box asking me
to connect to the Internet.If I press Cacel it completely locks up.
Who can help me?

Secondly, after using it for a long time ,say 1-2 hours,it goes
bezerk.The buttons change colours,the redrawing becomes slow,
sometimes I can't render(it doesn't disply the result of thr render)
It usually happens if I play the preview too many times(in the
viewport).I have the virtual memory set to 120 Megs.

And now,some questions:what are the IPAS everyone after?
Can I safely update to R1.2 or should go to R1.1?
Where can I find the update to R1.1?(I know where R1.2 is)
How can I assign a reflection map to a boolean object?

 Thank you in advance.

P.S. Please do not answer through e-mail if you can

2. Frame3D equiv. for rounded rectangle

3. UDO importation problem/POV-ray rendering problem?

4. OpenGL card-driver-combination for WinNT

5. (new Problems) FINAL: 8-bit colormap problems

6. P.C. Convolution

7. TEXT PROBLEM: Unwanted grey box behind text and other problems

8. How to crop a selection of fixed size?

9. problem with rotating objects and other problems

10. texture problem and clone problem

11. Problem with light-sources- (No problem in 3DS!)

12. Dmorfx problem - Run-Time problem - Help?