How are SoDebug Errors "posted"?

Post by Curtis N. Bingh » Sun, 07 Jul 1996 04:00:00

I have looked in the Mentor, Toolmaker, and  the C++ Ref. Manual and still
cannot figure out how
to properly use the SoError class and subclasses.

Specifically, I would like to know how to use the SoDebugError class in a
similar fashion as a C programmer might use "assert" .  The documentation
does not (to the best of my knowledge!) indicate how to "post" an error.
documentation mentions that the error-handling callbacks are called via
the SoError::handleError() function.   I would have expected there to be
some function that would accept a pointer to an SoError and some number of
debugging strings that would indicate the condition that failed, the file
and line number, etc.

Could someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanx,
Curtis

--
_________________
Curtis N. Bingham                 If you aren't part of the solution,

1. ****"""""BUG IN PROGRAM"""*****

Does anyone have a problem using PhotoShop 3.  I have alien skin filters
and Kai's Power Tools and yet if I use the spheroid designer in Kai's Power
Tools and then try to add a drop shadow to it using alien skin, PhotoShop
crashes.  Has anyone got a solution to this problem.  It's really bugging
me (pun not intentional).

Yours Pete

2. Apple to SGI image conversion

3. RayDream 5.0 error message "Program Error"

4. Need 3ds Release 2 Book

5. Help: "Activation Error: Error %1"

6. Files to PC?

7. """"LOOKING FOR METRAEYES MODELLER AND TURBO.PXP FOR AN EXCHANGE"""""

8. "MAITRE-ASSISTANT" (POST-DOC)

9. Please post "Kewl Pack"

10. "a4" option for post terminal

11. MSpaint error message "Not responding"