Is Inventor on Win 95/Win NT?

Post by Reymundo M. Arque » Fri, 19 Apr 1996 04:00:00

I've been programming with OpenGL... and finally am curious about
the Inventor.  Is it available or will it be available for Win 95/Win NT?
I have been building my own OOP API on top of OpenGL, but I'd rather
use the Inventor, rather than programming with my own API, since
the Inventor is a standard that looks great on a resume if you know it.

Rey

Is Inventor on Win 95/Win NT?

Post by Template Graphics Softwa » Sat, 20 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>I've been programming with OpenGL... and finally am curious about
>the Inventor.  Is it available or will it be available for Win 95/Win NT?
>I have been building my own OOP API on top of OpenGL, but I'd rather
>use the Inventor, rather than programming with my own API, since
>the Inventor is a standard that looks great on a resume if you know it.

>Rey

Open Inventor for Win32 from TGS has been available for Windows NT
and Windows 95 from some time.  If you are on Microsoft's Visual C++
4.1 release, you'll find a portion of Open Inventor from TGS on the CD!
Microsoft selected TGS' implementation for 3D MFC/VRML support.

TGS has integrated Open Inventor with Windows, including a powerful 3D
extension to MFC called IVF.  We also have a Win32 interface (so you can
extend IVF) and a libSoXt clone, which makes it easier to migrate between
UNIX/PC.

NOTE: If you use MFC, the implementation of Open Inventor matters!
Each of the vendors providing Open Inventor have their own unique
extension to integrate with MFC.  TGS' is the only version distributed
by Microsoft.

We support VC 2.x and 4.x, Intel MIPS Alpha and PPC.

We also have a Visual Basic product, called the Visual 3Space Control,
which is an ActiveX component (you can use this in VC too).

619.457.5359 x251 for phone purchases.

Is Inventor on Win 95/Win NT?

Post by MikeKi » Sat, 20 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>I've been programming with OpenGL... and finally am curious about
>the Inventor.  Is it available or will it be available for Win 95/Win NT?
>I have been building my own OOP API on top of OpenGL, but I'd rather
>use the Inventor, rather than programming with my own API, since
>the Inventor is a standard that looks great on a resume if you know it.
>Rey

Inventor is available on NT/Win95 from at least Portable Graphics, and
Template Graphics. I have evaluated both. Template Graphics'
implementation seems to be geared more towards porting from a Unix
environment. Portable Graphics feels like it was developed for people
like me who are coming from NT/MFC environment.
Mike