open inventor missing different colors?

Post by Franz Bache » Fri, 30 May 2003 03:50:01

Hi folkes!

I have got an problem with assembling an open inventor file out of a given
one by applying some transformations on it. Actually the main problem is,
that in the orgin file [1] the triangles have different colors, so i used
one node for every triangle in the output file [2] to supply the material
properties. But if viewing the output [2] (should be a helix) the different
colors are missing.

Can anybody tell my what i have done wrong?

Tanks for help!

[1] http://mitglied.lycos.de/franzbacher/helix_part.iv

[2] http://mitglied.lycos.de/franzbacher/output.iv

[xpost & f'up2 comp.graphics.api.inventor]

--
Franz Bacher

Post by Lars J. A » Fri, 30 May 2003 04:12:08

> [2] http://mitglied.lycos.de/franzbacher/output.iv

This one is incomplete...

  Lars J
--
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, does not go away. -- PKD

Post by Franz Bache » Fri, 30 May 2003 05:14:45

>> [2] http://mitglied.lycos.de/franzbacher/output.iv

> This one is incomplete...

Thanks for you answer! It would be a great help if you could tell me what i
have to add or how i have to struct the file so that it is complete.

--
Franz Bacher

Post by Lars J. A » Sat, 31 May 2003 18:27:34

> >> [2] http://mitglied.lycos.de/franzbacher/output.iv

> > This one is incomplete...

> Thanks for you answer! It would be a great help if you could tell me what i
> have to add or how i have to struct the file so that it is complete.

It's cut off in the middle so it can't be loaded into a viewer.  When I download
it and type out the last lines of the file it says this:

          }
          Material {
                ambientColor 0 0 0.8
                diffuseColor 0 0 0.8
                specularColor 0 0 0
                emissiveColor 0 0 0
                shininess 0.2
                transparency 0
          }
          FaceSet {
[EOF]

You need to get the file generated all over again because something obviously
went wrong when that one was written...

  Lars J
--
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, does not go away. -- PKD

1. open inventor missing different colors?

Hi folkes!

I have got an problem with assembling an open inventor file out of a given
one by applying some transformations on it. Actually the main problem is,
that in the orgin file [1] the triangles have different colors, so i used
one node for every triangle in the output file [2] to supply the material
properties. But if viewing the output [2] (should be a helix) the different
colors are missing.

Can anybody tell my what i have done wrong?

Tanks for help!

[1] http://mitglied.lycos.de/franzbacher/helix_part.iv

[2] http://mitglied.lycos.de/franzbacher/output.iv

[xpost & f'up2 comp.graphics.api.inventor]

--
Franz Bacher

2. CAD/Mapping/Drawing Components

3. Q: Color map drawing in Open Inventor ?

4. GLUT: functions to grab & warp pointer?

5. Defining Color Maps in Open Inventor ASCII file format

6. Which codec for animations?

7. 3D visualization

8. Q: Color map drawing in Open Inventor ?

9. using color scale in open inventor

10. how to make different color on different objects

11. Different colors for different arrows

12. Conversion from Inventor to Open Inventor: Node Kits