HELP !!!

Post by Tino Loeffle » Thu, 10 Apr 2003 17:27:04

has anyone used the SoOffscreenRenderer from coin2.0.1 ?
i just have a single line:

SoOffscreenRenderer *osr = new SoOffscreenRenderer(vp);

but this one crashes my whole app !
i tried also to create one on the stack, i used different viewports,
everytime the same result.
i tested this on my suse linux 8.1 at home there it not only crashes, it
also kills the x-server, on a suse 8.0 its just a segmentation fault !

can anyone PLEASE help me ???
thanks in advance,
tonz

HELP !!!

Post by Morten Erikse » Thu, 10 Apr 2003 20:30:36

> has anyone used the SoOffscreenRenderer from coin2.0.1 ?

Sure.

Quote:> i just have a single line:

> SoOffscreenRenderer *osr = new SoOffscreenRenderer(vp);

> but this one crashes my whole app !

Does this happen even in the context of a minimal example,
e.g. something like this:

----8<----- [snip] -------------8<----- [snip] ---------
#include <Inventor/SoDB.h>
#include <Inventor/SoOffscreenRenderer.h>

int
main(void)
{
  SoDB::init();

  SbViewportRegion vp;
  SoOffscreenRenderer * osr = new SoOffscreenRenderer(vp);

  return 0;

Quote:}

----8<----- [snip] -------------8<----- [snip] ---------

Quote:> i tested this on my suse linux 8.1 at home there it not only
> crashes, it also kills the x-server, on a suse 8.0 its just a
> segmentation fault !

Could you try to run it inside a de*, and mail me the call-stack
backtrace?

Morten
--
<URL:http://www.veryComputer.com/>

HELP !!!

Post by Tino Loeffle » Thu, 10 Apr 2003 20:49:36

well, i've recognized that the crash only happens when i submit the viewport
of my window :

SoOffscreenRenderer *osr = new SoOffscreenRenderer(
mp_3DView->getViewportRegion() );   // mp_3DView is my viewer

HELP !!!

Post by Morten Erikse » Thu, 10 Apr 2003 22:44:04

> i've recognized that the crash only happens when i submit the
> viewport of my window :

> SoOffscreenRenderer *osr = new SoOffscreenRenderer(
> mp_3DView->getViewportRegion() );   // mp_3DView is my viewer

Check that the viewport isn't bogus, then.

Morten
--
<URL:http://www.coin3d.org>

HELP !!!

Post by Tino Loeffle » Sat, 12 Apr 2003 17:52:29

> Check that the viewport isn't bogus, then.

how can i check this ?

what i want to do at all, is to record the scene, which is displayed, as a
movie. i thought i could give the offscreenrenderer the camera viewport so
it will render what i see on the screen (am i thinking wrong ?)
thanks for you patience :o)
tonz

HELP !!!

Post by Morten Erikse » Sat, 12 Apr 2003 18:14:16

> > Check that the viewport isn't bogus, then.

> how can i check this ?

Take a look at the SbViewportRegion instance in a de*.

Quote:> what i want to do at all, is to record the scene, which is
> displayed, as a movie. i thought i could give the offscreenrenderer
> the camera viewport so it will render what i see on the screen [...]

That should be entirely possible, yes.

Morten
--
<URL:http://www.veryComputer.com/>