Coin2 with SoQt1 and Qt2.3?

Post by Marc Eilhar » Sat, 19 Apr 2003 23:14:07

Hello,

i know i?m not the first, but all my work failed,
please is there anyone who can help me to compile the new Coin and SoQt
Dll-Files? Or is there anyone who just would give them to me?

Thank You!!

Marc

p.s. are Coin2 and SoQt1 fully compatible with the further versions? Or do I
have to change my programm?

Coin2 with SoQt1 and Qt2.3?

Post by Morten Erikse » Tue, 22 Apr 2003 20:02:32

> please is there anyone who can help me to compile the new Coin and
> SoQt Dll-Files? Or is there anyone who just would give them to me?

Pre-compiled Coin and SoQt packages are available from
<URL:ftp://ftp.coin3d.org/pub/coin/bin/>.

The pre-compiled Coin library should be usable in all environments,
while SoQt depends on some Qt 3 version. If you need SoQt for
specifically Qt 2.3, you /probably/ need to compile it yourself.

How does your attempt at building SoQt fail?

Quote:> p.s. are Coin2 and SoQt1 fully compatible with the further versions?
> Or do I have to change my programm?

They are backwards compatible, so no program changes should be
necessary.

Morten
--
<URL:http://www.coin3d.org>

Coin2 with SoQt1 and Qt2.3?

Post by Marc Eilhar » Wed, 23 Apr 2003 16:29:03

Quote:> How does your attempt at building SoQt fail?

im not shure. We have compiled it with the help of some Qt-Headerfiles
from Linux (as descripted in http://auto.coin3d.org/coin-discuss/2058.html)
. After a few problems it seems to work, but when weve started our program
following errors occured:

main.obj : error LNK2001: Nichtaufgeloestes externes Symbol "public: void
__thiscall SoGroup::addChild(class SoNode * const)"

ViewerP.obj : error LNK2001: Nichtaufgeloestes externes Symbol "public:
void __thiscall SoGroup::addChild(class SoNode * const)"

Viewer.obj : error LNK2001: Nichtaufgeloestes externes Symbol "public:
static void __cdecl SoQt::init(class QWidget * const)"

ViewerP.obj : error LNK2001: Nichtaufgeloestes externes Symbol "protected:
virtual void __thiscall SoQtFullViewer::openViewerHelpCard(void)"

ViewerP.obj : error LNK2001: Nichtaufgeloestes externes Symbol "protected:
virtual class QWidget * __thiscall SoQtFullViewer::makeSubPreferences(class

ViewerP.obj : error LNK2001: Nichtaufgeloestes externes Symbol "public:
virtual void __thiscall SoQtConstrainedViewer::recomputeSceneSize(void)"

ViewerP.obj : error LNK2001: Nichtaufgeloestes externes Symbol "protected:
virtual void __thiscall SoQtFullViewer::afterRealizeHook(void)"

ViewerP.obj : error LNK2001: Nichtaufgeloestes externes Symbol "public:
virtual void __thiscall SoQtFullViewer::hide(void)"

ViewerP.obj : error LNK2001: Nichtaufgeloestes externes Symbol "protected:
virtual void __thiscall SoQtConstrainedViewer::initMetaObject(void)"

ViewerP.obj : error LNK2001: Nichtaufgeloestes externes Symbol "public:
virtual char const * __thiscall SoQtConstrainedViewer::className(void)const

ViewerP.obj : error LNK2001: Nichtaufgeloestes externes Symbol "protected:
virtual bool __thiscall SoQtFullViewer::eventFilter(class QObject *,class

ViewerP.obj : error LNK2001: Nichtaufgeloestes externes Symbol "public:
void __thiscall SoGroup::removeChild(class SoNode * const)"

ViewerP.obj : error LNK2001: Nichtaufgeloestes externes Symbol "protected:
void __thiscall SoQtFullViewer::openPopupMenu(class SbVec2s)"

ViewerP.obj : error LNK2001: Nichtaufgeloestes externes Symbol "public:
static class QMetaObject * __cdecl
SoQtConstrainedViewer::staticMetaObject(void)"

Debug/test.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 13 unaufgeloeste externe Verweise

Thank You!

Marc

Coin2 with SoQt1 and Qt2.3?

Post by Marc Eilhar » Wed, 23 Apr 2003 16:38:17

Ive forgotten to tell you that weve changed the project properties like
following:

project->properties->linker->Object-/Librarymodules:

$(COINDIR)\lib\coin2.lib $(COINDIR)\lib\soqt1.lib

that is all! Perhaps we have forgotten to change something there?

Thank You!

Marc

Coin2 with SoQt1 and Qt2.3?

Post by Morten Erikse » Fri, 25 Apr 2003 16:07:51

> We have compiled it with the help of some Qt-Headerfiles from Linux
> [...]

Ouch, that's an ugly hack and is likely to cause problems.

Quote:> After a few problems it seems to work, but when weve started our
> program following errors occured:

> main.obj : error LNK2001: Nichtaufgeloestes externes Symbol "public: void
> __thiscall SoGroup::addChild(class SoNode * const)"
> [snip]

This seems very peculiar. Are you perchance mixing up several sets of
Coin and / or Inventor header files?

If you have more than just the single Coin installation on your
development box, you need to be _very_ careful to not get the multiple
installations to interfere with each other when attempting to build
software on top of one of them.

> ViewerP.obj : error LNK2001: Nichtaufgeloestes externes Symbol
> "protected: virtual void __thiscall
> SoQtFullViewer::openViewerHelpCard(void)"

Eh, something fishy is going on here. The "openViewerHelpCard" method
is no longer part of our SoQt. Which version of the SoQt source code
are your trying to build? Are you sure it also doesn't get mixed up
with an older version of the header files, or something like that?

Morten
--
<URL:http://www.coin3d.org>

Coin2 with SoQt1 and Qt2.3?

Post by Marc Eilhar » Sat, 26 Apr 2003 16:54:44

geschrieben:

>> We have compiled it with the help of some Qt-Headerfiles from Linux
>> [...]

> Ouch, that's an ugly hack and is likely to cause problems.

Do you have a better idea ? :-)

Quote:>> After a few problems it seems to work, but when we?ve started our
>> program following errors occured:

>> main.obj : error LNK2001: Nichtaufgeloestes externes Symbol "public:
>> void __thiscall SoGroup::addChild(class SoNode * const)" [snip]

> This seems very peculiar. Are you perchance mixing up several sets of
> Coin and / or Inventor header files?

You are probably right, we just have changed the paths and thought this
will be fine!
But we will try it again!

Thank You,

Marc

p.s.: the more i learn about coin the more i apprise your work!

Coin2 with SoQt1 and Qt2.3?

Post by Morten Erikse » Sat, 26 Apr 2003 17:08:52

> geschrieben:

> >> We have compiled it with the help of some Qt-Headerfiles from Linux
> >> [...]

> > Ouch, that's an ugly hack and is likely to cause problems.

> Do you have a better idea ? :-)

Yes, let us know how it originally failed, and we'll see if we can
provide a fix. :-)

Morten
--
<URL:http://www.coin3d.org>

Coin2 with SoQt1 and Qt2.3?

Post by Marc Eilhar » Tue, 29 Apr 2003 04:17:32

geschrieben:

>> Do you have a better idea ? :-)

> Yes, let us know how it originally failed, and we'll see if we can
> provide a fix. :-)

Hi Morten,

know i have deleted all what looked like soqt and coin and installed
coin2.0.2 and soqt1.0.3a with sources and VC-Studio Workspace files. I have
just started to compile soqt and thats what the compiler said:

c:\coin3d\source\soqt-1.0.3a\src\inventor\qt\viewers\planeviewer.cpp(42) :
fatal error C1083: Include-Datei kann nicht geoeffnet werden:
'qstylefactory.h': No such file or directory
FullViewer.cpp
c:\coin3d\source\soqt-1.0.3a\src\inventor\qt\viewers\fullviewer.cpp(58) :
fatal error C1083: Include-Datei kann nicht geoeffnet werden:
'qstylefactory.h': No such file or directory
ExaminerViewer.cpp
c:\coin3d\source\soqt-1.0.3a\src\inventor\qt\viewers\examinerviewer.cpp(45)
: fatal error C1083: Include-Datei kann nicht geoeffnet werden:
'qstylefactory.h': No such file or directory
SoQtGLArea.cpp
c:\coin3d\build\src\inventor\qt\widgets\moc_soqtglarea.icc(13) : fatal
error C1083: Include-Datei kann nicht geoeffnet werden:
'private/qucomextra_p.h': No such file or directory
SoQtThumbWheel.cpp
c:\coin3d\build\src\inventor\qt\widgets\moc_soqtthumbwheel.icc(13) : fatal
error C1083: Include-Datei kann nicht geoeffnet werden:
'private/qucomextra_p.h': No such file or directory
QtNativePopupMenu.cpp
c:\coin3d\build\src\inventor\qt\widgets\moc_qtnativepopupmenu.icc(13) :
fatal error C1083: Include-Datei kann nicht geoeffnet werden:
'private/qucomextra_p.h': No such file or directory
SoQt.cpp
c:\coin3d\build\src\inventor\qt\moc_soqtp.icc(13) : fatal error C1083:
Include-Datei kann nicht geoeffnet werden: 'private/qucomextra_p.h': No
such file or directory
SoQtComponent.cpp
c:\coin3d\build\src\inventor\qt\moc_soqtcomponentp.icc(13) : fatal error
C1083: Include-Datei kann nicht geoeffnet werden: 'private/qucomextra_p.h':
No such file or directory
SoQtGLWidget.cpp
c:\coin3d\build\src\inventor\qt\moc_soqtglwidgetp.icc(13) : fatal error
C1083: Include-Datei kann nicht geoeffnet werden: 'private/qucomextra_p.h':
No such file or directory
Fehler beim Ausfhren von cl.exe.

Thank You,

Marc

Coin2 with SoQt1 and Qt2.3?

Post by Morten Erikse » Tue, 29 Apr 2003 16:04:59

> [...] I have just started to compile soqt and thats what the
> compiler said:

> c:\coin3d\source\soqt-1.0.3a\src\inventor\qt\viewers\planeviewer.cpp(42) :
> fatal error C1083: Include-Datei kann nicht geoeffnet werden:
> 'qstylefactory.h': No such file or directory
> FullViewer.cpp

These are due to a bug which is fixed in the current development
branch of SoQt. Four suggested solutions to this: 1) wait for the next
SoQt release, 2) grab SoQt from the development CVS repository, 3)
upgrade Qt to the latest version, 4) just remove the lines that
attempts to include qstylefactory.h from the source code.

The last solution is probably the easiest to do.

Quote:> c:\coin3d\build\src\inventor\qt\widgets\moc_soqtglarea.icc(13) : fatal
> error C1083: Include-Datei kann nicht geoeffnet werden:
> 'private/qucomextra_p.h': No such file or directory
> SoQtThumbWheel.cpp

The remaining problems are because there is a mismatch between the Qt
version you are using and the one used to generate to moc-files. You
need to regenerate the moc-files with the moc.exe from your Qt
distribution. (Or simply upgrade Qt.)

Morten
--
<URL:http://www.coin3d.org>

Coin2 with SoQt1 and Qt2.3?

Post by Marc Eilhar » Tue, 29 Apr 2003 16:35:11

Thank You Morten for this quick answer!

geschrieben:

>> [...] I have just started to compile soqt and thats what the
>> compiler said:

>> c:\coin3d\source\soqt-1.0.3a\src\inventor\qt\viewers\planeviewer.cpp(42)
>> : fatal error C1083: Include-Datei kann nicht geoeffnet werden:
>> 'qstylefactory.h': No such file or directory
>> FullViewer.cpp

> These are due to a bug which is fixed in the current development
> branch of SoQt. Four suggested solutions to this:

        1) wait for the next SoQt release,

Could you tell me when the next version will be released? (just because our
project will end soon!)

        2) grab SoQt from the development CVS repository,

I am afraid there is no time for this solution!

        3)upgrade Qt to the latest version,

Isnt it a commercial version for Windows? (I have no money :-) )

        4) just remove the lines that attempts to include qstylefactory.h from the
source code.

I thing this is the solution i will try (plus mocing the moc-files)!

        > The last solution is probably the easiest to do.
        [...]

Quote:> Morten

You will soon hear about the results!

Thank You,

Marc

Coin2 with SoQt1 and Qt2.3?

Post by Marc Eilhar » Tue, 29 Apr 2003 17:07:27

Now i have compiled succesfully soqt but when i start my program (after
changing the lib entries in the project options of course) it seems that he
doesnt find some some definitions anymore:

[...]

Debug/ElanSim.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 13 unaufgeloeste externe Verweise
Fehler beim Ausfhren von link.exe.

Thank You,

Marc

Coin2 with SoQt1 and Qt2.3?

Post by Lars J. A » Tue, 29 Apr 2003 17:35:19

> Now i have compiled succesfully soqt but when i start my program (after
> changing the lib entries in the project options of course) it seems that he
> doesnt find some some definitions anymore:

> main.obj : error LNK2001: Nichtaufgeloestes externes Symbol "public: void
> __thiscall SoGroup::addChild(class SoNode * const)"

> ViewerP.obj : error LNK2001: Nichtaufgeloestes externes Symbol "public:
> void __thiscall SoGroup::addChild(class SoNode * const)"

This looks like link-time errors to me - how come you get them when you
try to *start* your program (which means you must have been able to link
it first)?

  Lars J
--
Awaiting idea for new .signature...

Coin2 with SoQt1 and Qt2.3?

Post by Marc Eilhar » Tue, 29 Apr 2003 17:50:24

>> main.obj : error LNK2001: Nichtaufgeloestes externes Symbol "public:
>> void __thiscall SoGroup::addChild(class SoNode * const)"

>> ViewerP.obj : error LNK2001: Nichtaufgeloestes externes Symbol "public:
>> void __thiscall SoGroup::addChild(class SoNode * const)"

> This looks like link-time errors to me - how come you get them when you
> try to *start* your program (which means you must have been able to link
> it first)?

> Lars J

You are right, sorry i ment compiling not starting!

Coin2 with SoQt1 and Qt2.3?

Post by Morten Erikse » Tue, 29 Apr 2003 17:58:59

> ViewerP.obj : error LNK2001: Nichtaufgeloestes externes Symbol "protected:
> void __thiscall SoQtFullViewer::openPopupMenu(class SbVec2s)"

Which version of SoQt are you using?

The SoQtFullViewer::openPopupMenu() method was removed _before_ the
1.0.0 release, so if you're trying to use SoQt 1.0.0+, there just
*has* to be some old header files laying about on your system which
gets involved in the compilation process. That is bound to*up
the linking stage.

Morten
--
<URL:http://www.veryComputer.com/>

Coin2 with SoQt1 and Qt2.3?

Post by Marc Eilhar » Wed, 30 Apr 2003 20:12:34

Sorry Morten, new Newsreader :-)

> > ViewerP.obj : error LNK2001: Nichtaufgeloestes externes Symbol
"protected:
> > void __thiscall SoQtFullViewer::openPopupMenu(class SbVec2s)"

> Which version of SoQt are you using?

> The SoQtFullViewer::openPopupMenu() method was removed _before_ the
> 1.0.0 release, so if you're trying to use SoQt 1.0.0+, there just
> *has* to be some old header files laying about on your system which
> gets involved in the compilation process. That is bound to*up
> the linking stage.

I am afraid that an old peace of my code causes this message!
To prevend that this happen again i have copied (and know really all :-) )
the first
example of the soqt-online-help mainpage (examinerviewer and a cone) the new
version of course!
There is no failure at compiling but when i start the programm it says that
he couldnt find the qt-mt301.dll!
I have changed the  linker-porperties from qt-mt302.lib to qt-mt230nc.lib
but where can i change the .dll!

Thank You,

Marc

1. Change from Coin1 to Coin2

Hi all,

I'm working fine with Coin1.0.2 and Visual C++ 6.0. However, I want to
try Coin2 in order to open VRML 2.0 files.

My problem is how to change from one Coin version to the other. I
removed Coin1.0.2 and installed Coin2, but a program that worked
correctly before, now doesn`t work.

What else should I do to install Coin 2 succesfully?

Thanks in advance.

2. eps text

3. QT2.0/MovieShop problem...

4. Mac graphics looking pathetic on WinTel machines

5. Large QT2.0-Movie

6. raytracing particle systems

7. *QT2.0, where's the MPEG?

8. How to Create a Round Cornered Image

9. Video Monitor for QT2.0?

10. Who can play a QT2.0 Movie?

11. QT2.0 applications

12. Need QT2.0 _re_compressor

13. QT2.1 and Video CDs: Can you play them in software?