Drag and Drop into Inventor window

Post by Priyank » Sat, 17 May 2003 01:15:18

Hi,

I have a windows form parent window with a standard toolbar on the left and
an inventor viewer( which has been created from the handle of a windows form
PANEL ) on the right.

The toolbar is populated with buttons for sphere, cube, etc. I want to be
able to do a drag and drop operation so that the sphere etc. can be dragged
from the toolbar (with visual cues) and dropped into the inventor viewer. Is
there a way that the viewer can detect that a drop has happened.

The toolbar starts a drag operation but since the inventor viewer has
control over the panel I cannot use the standard drag_enter and drag_drop
events.

Any suggestions on how I could replicate this functionality for the viewer.

Thanks.
Priyanka

1. Open Inventor and Drag and Drop

    If my memory serves me right, Open Inventor supports
drag-and-drop. Unfortunately, I failed to find any references
on drag-and-drop in the documentation. Can anybody offer adivice?

--
Hindin Joseph      _   _   _   _  _   _   Tel:      (972) 9-594721
Robcad, Ltd       |_) | | |_) |  |_| | \  Fax:      (972) 9-544402

Herzlia, Israel 46733

Gregor Samsa awoke one morning to find himself
transformed into an enormous software defect.

2. Adobe Premiere newsgroup?

3. ? drag-drop/drag-dock Shapes ?

4. OpenGL on video out (O2 and Octane)

5. drag-n-drop support for XV?

6. Detatch a plot

7. Lview Pro 32 bit and drag and drop operations

8. how do i collapse to editable mesh?

9. A drag and drop compatable image browser?

10. POVWIN3 Beta 15 - Drag and drop problem?

11. WinPov - please add this - drag 'n drop of INC files

12. drag and drop with pictures