making a stripped version of SoQt and SoQtExaminerViewer.

making a stripped version of SoQt and SoQtExaminerViewer.

Post by Ole Jacob Hage » Tue, 01 Apr 2003 03:33:27

Hi.

I am working on Oplot++, which use coin3d for visualization.
Oplot++ is a graphics handler for Octave, and should be compatible with graphics handler of Matlab.

Since my plotting should look similar to figure in Matlab, I want to use Qt for gui widgets, and therefore want to include a "examiner viewer"-feature in the gui, where I can see my visualizations.

Is it a lot of work to be done to manage include a visualization from coin3d into a qt gui? I've been reading SoQt-code, and there is a lot code here.

I will need features like zoom, rotate and adding text and titles to axis, printing, saving etc.  from my Qt-application.

Is this  a lot of work? Has somebody worked on a similar thing before me?

Cheers,

Ole J.

making a stripped version of SoQt and SoQtExaminerViewer.

Post by Laurent Dufl » Wed, 02 Apr 2003 04:53:55

    Hi,

  I'm not sure of what you need exactly but OpenScientist
(http://www.lal.in2p3.fr/OpenScientist/v10r0/index.html) uses
OpenInventor to display historgrams and curves. Part of the code is in
the HEPVis library (http://www-cpd.fnal.gov/CPD/graphics/HEPVis/www)

    hope that helps,

         Laurent

> Hi.

> I am working on Oplot++, which use coin3d for visualization.
> Oplot++ is a graphics handler for Octave, and should be compatible with graphics handler of Matlab.

> Since my plotting should look similar to figure in Matlab, I want to use Qt for gui widgets, and therefore want to include a "examiner viewer"-feature in the gui, where I can see my visualizations.

> Is it a lot of work to be done to manage include a visualization from coin3d into a qt gui? I've been reading SoQt-code, and there is a lot code here.

> I will need features like zoom, rotate and adding text and titles to axis, printing, saving etc.  from my Qt-application.

> Is this  a lot of work? Has somebody worked on a similar thing before me?

> Cheers,

> Ole J.

1. Making a nice long triangle strip

Ok, I have a 3d object and I want to turn it into a nice long triangle
strip. Can any 3d object be represented by a single strip? I've got a hunch
that nearly all of them can be, but my maths isn't good enough to convince
me. Also, is there an amazingly good algorithm for producing the strip? I
was just going look for common edges and do some kind of triplely linked
list, then attempt to generate the strip from that.

Hope you can help!

Peter

2. OpenGL is driving me insane!!!

4. what is baking?

5. Help convert multi-strip TIFF to single strip TIFF

6. Source to crop a bitmap image

7. Triangle Strip Preserving LOD (T-Strip LOD)

8. KPT Texture Explorer 3.0 not seamless?

9. If someone wants to add the missing functions, I made a compatible version

10. ATI card...making it work under Win98 version 2

11. Making disabled version of bitmap

12. SoQt doesnot shown in other widget