question on pickedpoints

Post by PacketR » Thu, 24 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Hey all,

    I run a pick action on my scene graph that generates info dialogs depending
on what I hit.  I've noticed that a few times the pick has hit an underlying
lineset instead of a face set which is above it.  The z coords on the faces are
always 1 above the lines.

    I tried to fix this by placing the face subgraph to the left of the line
subgraph in the overall scene graph.  The picking accuracy has greatly
improved, almost 100%.  My questions are:  Does the pickaction have left/right
preferences as far as the scene graph layout is concerned?  Also, are there any
other ways to increase the accuracy of hte pickaction?

Thanks in advance for any help and Happy Holidays,

Greg Cole

1. Questions, questions, questions.

O.K. Since the 4014 is most likely a flop, I have one more question.
Does anyone know if they make graphic cards for vt100 terminals.
If so, how much do they go for, and where could I find one.
Vt100's are in vast supply around here, and although it is no VT240,
it will have to do.
Thanks.
-Gladiator

2. I do not want antialiasing...

3. question, question, question

4. Any good tutorials on how to set up volume lights in max, ?

5. Renderfarm question - DVD question - Connection question

6. Multi-texture (WRAP and CLAMP)

7. Questions, questions, questions

8. questions questions questions!

9. Questions...Questions..

10. Questions...Questions...

11. Question for UMAX Vista S-12 scanner users [SCSI-2 question]

12. A question about asking questions <g>