Hi to everybody,
I have a modeller that provides and stores the tassellated points of the
geometries in his propretary data structures( I can access to that).
Shipped with it a OGL render. I am using Open Inventor TGS 2.6
for providing user interface. At the moment i retreive the data from the
modeller and load the points in a SoTrianglestripset (actually
duplicating the data).
It works, but I think that its quite slow and its also difficult to
constency between the two rapresentations.
I am thinking to write a node that renders all the geometry in the
modeller, using the provided OGL code.
1) its possible to render all directly with OGL?How?
2) How it will interfere with my Open inventor graph?
3) Is that a possible solution for increase the performance ?
4) If i attach this node in my SG, it will get the former
transformations of inventor?
5) What about the cashing?
6) Has someone a better solution?
P.S.: sorry for the long text. as someone says in this newsgroup...
the time runs!
Posted via Mailgate.ORG Server - http://www.Mailgate.ORG