gview (et.al) ---> jpeg

Post by Tom Impellu » Thu, 28 Sep 1995 04:00:00

Hi!

Is there an inventor viewer such as
gview/ivview/Sceneviewer etc. which can dump
an image to a file with format readable by "xv"?

Thanks,
Tom

1. Help with Harold Howe's Jpeg Resource FAQ90 - EAccessViolation et al

In the process of trying to figure our how
to read jpeg images from an exe resource I
have looked into Harold Howe's Faq90 that's
been mentioned serveral times in this news
group.  And I downloaded the associated
source code and tried to compile and run it
in C++ Builder 3.

http://www.bcbdev.com/faqs/faq90.htm
http://www.bcbdev.com/ftp/source/faq90.zip

When opening the project for the first time, I get
this error message:

Error reading from Form->OldCreateOrder: Property does not exist.

To get past that, I clicked "Ignore".

On the first build I get the following linker errors:

[LinkerError] Unresolved external 'Jpeg::TJPEGImage::~TJPEGImage()
__fastcall' referenced from C:\PROGRAM
FILES\BORLAND\CBUILDER3\PROJECTS\SCREENSAVER\SLIDEPROJECT1\TEMP\MAIN.OBJ.

[LinkerError] Unresolved external 'Jpeg::TJPEGImage::' referenced from
C:\PROGRAM
FILES\BORLAND\CBUILDER3\PROJECTS\SCREENSAVER\SLIDEPROJECT1\TEMP\MAIN.OBJ.

[LinkerError] Unresolved external 'Jpeg::TJPEGImage::TJPEGImage()
__fastcall' referenced from C:\PROGRAM
FILES\BORLAND\CBUILDER3\PROJECTS\SCREENSAVER\SLIDEPROJECT1\TEMP\MAIN.OBJ.

These errors are resolved by adding jpegpkg.lib (from the CBuilder lib
directory) to the project.

Once the project compiles and I run it, I get this error every time (after
clicking the OK button on the form):

Project Faq90.exe raised exception class EAccessViolation with
message 'Access violation at address 0040172A in Module
'FAQ90.EXE'.  Read of address FFFFFFFF'. Process stopped.

When I click OK (on the error dialog box), this line is highlighted
in the code editor: (the very last line of code in the method)

MyImage->Picture->Assign(JImage.get());

Can someone please tell me what I need to do to get
past this error?

(I have downloaded the zip file twice, unzipped it twice,
and I have rebooted the computer once. But the error
still occurs).

Thanks,
Steven S. Showers

2. Max zoom in Modeler?

3. Opinions on Poser et al?

4. SE Press Release

5. Planet Color et al

6. How do I fix ? GLUT window/resizing problem

7. (REPOST) Bug with textures on Elan, et al.

8. FREE E-Mag on VR, 3D graphics, et al: Issue 2

9. Info Wanted: Alias, Softimage, Pixar, et al.

10. Foley et al errata file

11. SPHIGS software for Foley et al