Compiling SoXt form SIM on Mac OS X

Post by Oleg Skip » Sun, 08 Jun 2003 17:05:13

Dear all,

did anyone have any positive expierience in compiling SoXt 1.1.0
(Systems in Motion) on Mac OS X?

I use Apple's latest SDK for X and OpenMotif installed from Fink.
The porblem is numerous warnings "multiply defined..." during the
linking of SoXt object files, and errors "muliply defined ..." during
the linking of libXaw and libXp.

Thank you,
Oleg.

Compiling SoXt form SIM on Mac OS X

Post by Karin Kosi » Fri, 13 Jun 2003 23:46:47

Hi,

Quote:> did anyone have any positive expierience in compiling SoXt 1.1.0
> (Systems in Motion) on Mac OS X?

SoXt is not officially supported on Mac OS X. It should not be a
problem to get it to work, though, and I know of several people
that did that.

Quote:> The porblem is numerous warnings "multiply defined..." during the
> linking of SoXt object files [...]

This sounds like you are running into the well-known libtool
problem described in the Fink porting tips[*] (look for
"convenience library bug").

Good luck!
  =/~kyrah

[*] http://fink.sourceforge.net/doc/porting/libtool.php#fixing-14x

1. Voodoo MAC 5500 & Mac OS X

Hi.

I bought a VoodooMAC 5500 PCI for my B&W G3 and it hangs at boot time.
It starts to boot OK but when it reaches the OS boot moment it just hangs there.

Has anyone had sucess running this card with Mac OS X?

Thank you,
-Acacio

2. Best 3D object formats?

3. Thanx, TIFF from MAC OS to MAC AUX

4. The Invertor Toolmaker: When ?

5. Mac PM 6.5 and Mac OS 8.1

6. drawing tablets-opinion?

7. Compiling POV Ray 3.0 under OS/2 using generic unix code

8. How to show flc or fli file use builder c++ 3.0

9. Compiling POV-Ray for OS/2 with Borland C++ 2.0

10. Compiling OpenGL-samples on OS/2 with GCC