field transformation while graph traversal

field transformation while graph traversal

Post by hael » Wed, 28 May 2003 19:35:24

hello list,

i have the following problem, and i hope somebody could help me. i
designed a new class derived from SoSeparator with fields to hold all
information for a perspective camera (pos, orient, ...). i didn't used
a camera class to hold the infos, because a camera would be rendered
to the viewer if positioned in the scene graph. but if i use a
transform node to transform a whole file where my own kamera object is
defined, it doesn't effect the fields in my class. but it's neccessary
to have the transform accumulation fro cam pos and orientation and so
on. does anybody knows a way to solve this kind of transform problem.

thanx
haelje

Post by Morten Erikse » Wed, 28 May 2003 19:47:31

> [...] i didn't used a camera class to hold the infos, because a
> camera would be rendered to the viewer if positioned in the scene
> graph.

Then, wouldn't it be better design to write your own subclass

cameras in the scene alone, and just passes the scene graph "raw" into
the SoSceneManager and SoGLRenderAction.)

I think that would prove a better solution, taking away the need for
hacks like your combo SoSeparator and SoCamera extension node.

Morten
--
<URL:http://www.coin3d.org>

1. Graph Traversal Algorithms

Hi, Everyone.
I am  currently planning to write a program that traverses the
image of handwritten characters in ascii format and produces
circle and line representation of handwritten characters.
Did anybody out there has any experiences on this problem?
If you have would you post or e-mail to please
kevin

Does anyone has program that traverse the digital image and produces
circle and line

2. Autotracing software FS

3. Breadth-first-traversal of a directed graph

4. Compressing Images With JPEG and Saving With TQuery

5. a graph traversal/decomposition problem

6. Call for Papers - Visual Data Exploration and Analysis V

7. Source code for Affine Transformation and Bilinear Transformation

8. Source code for Affine Transformation and Billinear Transformation

9. Viewing Transformation vs. Modeling Transformation

10. Camera Transformation vs World Transformation...Best one ?

11. Getting FIELDS from non-field sequence

12. Getting FIELDS from a non-field sequence