Newbie: RedHat7.3: "cannot find Xm.h" when compiling

Newbie: RedHat7.3: "cannot find Xm.h" when compiling

Post by Bernd Brenn » Mon, 19 May 2003 04:11:14

Hi there,

trying to compile the first example of the "Inventor Mentor", I get
the error "/usr/include/Inventor/Xt/SoXt.h:59:19: Xm/Xm.h: File not
found"

But I think I have installed the LessTif library. What else could be
the reason?

Thanks for your help.

Bernd Brenner, Munich

Newbie: RedHat7.3: "cannot find Xm.h" when compiling

Post by Laurent Dufl » Thu, 22 May 2003 16:07:58

      Hi,

  I think that on RedHat you need to have the openmotif and openmotif-devel
rpms installed (if I remember well the last ones has the include files).

     Laurent

Post by Lars J. A » Thu, 22 May 2003 18:12:39

>       Hi,

>   I think that on RedHat you need to have the openmotif and openmotif-devel
> rpms installed (if I remember well the last ones has the include files).

You can probably use LessTif instead of OpenMotif, but you need of course the
SDK with the headers installed - probably named "LessTif-dev" or something
similar.

  Lars J
--
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, does not go away. -- PKD

1. "Cannot find the file...etc."

I get the following error message when clicking on a file that has PSP
as its associated program:

        Cannot find the file D:\xxxxx.jpg (or one of its components).
        Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all required
        libraries are available.

If I have associated the file extension with an earlier version of PSP
(3, which I still have on my machine), the display stops on this
message.  But if I clear the message, and whatever page I called the
file from (often Explorer), I find that PSP has opened and has the file
displayed.

If it is a file extension I have associated with PSP7, the error message
appears very briefly and then PSP7 appears with the file.

Is there a way to eliminate this annoyance?  I am using Windows 98.

Thanks.

2. 3D texture mapping extension in OpenGL

3. ****"""""BUG IN PROGRAM"""*****

4. COB to 3DS

5. "Cannot assign uninitialized identifier"

6. Fly-Past

7. "Cannot initialize--scratch disks full"

8. Exporting JPEG files

9. Cannot "Save as" JPEG file

10. windows message: "adobe illustrator cannot run"

11. Cannot get "Export" to function