DLLs

Post by Kiril Vidimc » Mon, 26 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Is TGS or PGI considering/working on a version of Inventor that would
be able to use DLLs just like we use DSOs on a SGI?
It would help tremendously for those who develop x-platform
applications, not to mention that it would add flexibility and usability.

KV
--

Kiril N. Vidimce                    Computer Science,

P.O. Box 3167, MS State, MS 39762   Engineering Research Center for CFS

DLLs

Post by Template Graphics Softwa » Mon, 26 Aug 1996 04:00:00

: Is TGS or PGI considering/working on a version of Inventor that would
: be able to use DLLs just like we use DSOs on a SGI?
: It would help tremendously for those who develop x-platform
: applications, not to mention that it would add flexibility and usability.

The Open Inventor we ship on UNIX platforms (Sun, HP, IBM, etc) has this
capability already.

There were some technical problems using Windows DLLs in this way, but
those are resolved in the current 4.x Visual C++ releases, so the next
release of Open Inventor for Win32 (v2.2 scheduled for 1st week of Sept)
will have this capability.

-Mike Heck, TGS Inc.

DLLs

Post by Template Graphics Softwa » Wed, 28 Aug 1996 04:00:00

I forwarded this to Mike Heck, VP R&D for TGS.  I do know TGS supports
DLL's already, in debug and release versions, so I presume that you are
asking for similar behavior to DSO's (i.e. the dynamic aspect of
this...).  TGS is looking at a number of areas where dynamic extensions
make sense.  Again, I'll ask Mike to post more technical comments.

: Is TGS or PGI considering/working on a version of Inventor that would
: be able to use DLLs just like we use DSOs on a SGI?
: It would help tremendously for those who develop x-platform
: applications, not to mention that it would add flexibility and usability.

: KV
: --

: Kiril N. Vidimce                    Computer Science,

: P.O. Box 3167, MS State, MS 39762   Engineering Research Center for CFS

1. Wanted: pre-compiled MESA DLL's for 3DFX (OPENGL32.DLL, GLU32.DLL, GLUT32.DLL)

Hi there,

Is there anybody who can send me the Mesa 2.6+ 3DFX DLL's?  I downloaded
the library myself, and have been trying to compile the things for about
a week now.  They compile fine, and the demo's run.. mostly.  Things
just aren't what they are supposed to be.  Textures will be off..
shadows don't work.. things just look weird.

Then, there is the simple act of:

  glNewList(GLSPHERE, GL_COMPILE);
  sphere = gluNewQuadric();
  gluSphere(sphere, 20.f, 20, 20);
  gluDeleteQuadric(sphere);
  glEndList();

which causes GLU32.DLL to get a divide overflow...

Given that the demos are a bit whacked, and my own goofiness, I think I
do not know how to build the Mesa library correctly.

I don't know enough about Visual C++ to do anything about it.

Now on to the background, and please don't start on a thread about
this.  I've been looking at this group (and other groups) so I know how
people like to attack on this.. but I'm doing this under Borland Delphi
3.  It may be a bit slower, but I'm not using any of the GUI..  just the
object pascal portion, so there shouldn't be that much of a hit.

Can anybody help with the DLL's?

Thanks,
joe

2. FS: 3ds max book

3. Cosmo3D on NT wants OpenGL.dll and not OpenGL32.dll

4. A question...

5. PSP7 and MFC42.DLL/JCMYK.DLL error messages

6. Presentation Software

7. avifil32.dll - Avifil32.dll [01/01]

8. SGI pointer Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

9. difference between glut32.dll and glu32.dll?

10. help have opengl32.dll not opengl.dll

11. 3dfxvgl.dll renamed to opengl32.dll

12. need both glut.dll and glut32.dll ?

13. Opengl32.dll vs. Opengl.dll