visualize 3D points

Post by Li Ta » Wed, 23 Apr 2003 12:30:15

Hi, all
I have a set of 3D points with x,y,z coordinates obtained from stereo vision
system. I am wondering how I could visualize these data through Open
Inventor or any  other kind of tools.

Thanks

li

visualize 3D points

Post by Lars J. A » Wed, 23 Apr 2003 20:53:22

> Hi, all
> I have a set of 3D points with x,y,z coordinates obtained from stereo vision
> system. I am wondering how I could visualize these data through Open
> Inventor or any  other kind of tools.

Piece of cake.  You have the nodes PointSet and MarkerSet for this kind of
thing.

  Lars J
--
Awaiting idea for new .signature...

visualize 3D points

Post by Li Ta » Wed, 23 Apr 2003 23:47:33

I will try it. Thanks

Li

> > Hi, all
> > I have a set of 3D points with x,y,z coordinates obtained from stereo
vision
> > system. I am wondering how I could visualize these data through Open
> > Inventor or any  other kind of tools.

> Piece of cake.  You have the nodes PointSet and MarkerSet for this kind of
> thing.

>   Lars J
> --
> Awaiting idea for new .signature...

visualize 3D points

Post by Li Ta » Thu, 24 Apr 2003 03:25:31

I tried SoPointSet and it can display these 3D points, however, how could I
build mesh or surface from these data? Any idea is greatly appreciated.

thanks

Li

visualize 3D points

Post by Lars J. A » Thu, 24 Apr 2003 01:48:35

> I tried SoPointSet and it can display these 3D points, however, how could I
> build mesh or surface from these data? Any idea is greatly appreciated.

This will depend on what extra information is hidden in the data set.
If the points are lined up in rows, maybe regularly spaced in some direction,
use that to figure out how generate a good mesh.  If it's just a "random point
cloud", then you have a much more difficult task ahead of you.

SoIndexedFaceSet is probably the best node for stuffing the data into...

  Lars J
--
Awaiting idea for new .signature...

1. Visualizing Point

Hi everybody,I'm here again to submit a new quetion: i have to visualize a
polyline in a sceneviewer, so i begin with the nodes:
i have the coordinates in a container:
vector<ScatteredData> polyline;

where ScatteredData is:

class ScatteredData{
public:
    ScatteredData();
    virtual ~ScatteredData();

  double x;
  double data;

  ScatteredData(double sX, double sData);
  bool operator<( const ScatteredData  & scd) const{ return x<scd.x;};

then i write the following code:

HWND myWindow = SoWin::init(*argv);

 if(myWindow==NULL)exit(1);

  pRoot= new SoSeparator;

 SoDrawStyle *style=new SoDrawStyle;
 style->pointSize.setValue(5.0);
 pRoot->addChild(style);
 SoBaseColor* vertexColor=new SoBaseColor;
 vertexColor->rgb.setValue(SbColor(1.0,0.0,0.0));
 pRoot->addChild(vertexColor);
 SbVec3f *coords=new SbVec3f[NumVertici];
 for(int i=0; i<NumVertex; i++)
  coords[i]=SbVec3f(approximation[i].x,approximation[i].data, 0.0);
 SoVertexProperty *vertexcoords=new SoVertexProperty;
 vertexcoords->vertex.setValues(0, NumVertex, coords);
    SoPointSet *vertex=new SoPointSet;
 vertex->vertexProperty.setValue(vertexcoords);

pRoot->addChild(vertex);
 pRoot->ref();
     SoWinExaminerViewer *myViewer =
             new SoWinExaminerViewer(myWindow);

 myViewer->setBackgroundColor(SbColor(0.0,0.0,0.0));
 myViewer->setDecoration(0);
 myViewer->setViewing(0);
 myViewer->setCameraType
  (SoOrthographicCamera::getClassTypeId());
 myViewer->setDrawStyle
  (SoWinViewer::STILL, SoWinViewer::VIEW_LINE);
 myViewer->setDrawStyle
  (SoWinViewer::INTERACTIVE,SoWinViewer::VIEW_SAME_AS_STILL);
 myViewer->setSceneGraph( pRoot );
    myViewer->show();
 myViewer->viewAll();

    SoWin::show(myWindow);
    SoWin::mainLoop();

BUT NO POINTS APPEAR! Surely i make some error. I hope someone could explain
me where is it!

THANKS IN ADVANCE FRANCESCO

2. Transferring images to objects

3. Find closest point of 3D Point in 3D Triangle

4. Shrink-Wrap?

5. Efficiently finding nearest 3D point in a 3D points cloud

6. projectile deformation with maya?

7. Closest point on a 3d-Line to a point in 3d-space

8. Watcom C - Palette Info

9. Visualize 3D vector field

10. ANNOUNCMENT: Visualizing data in stereoscopic 3D

11. New SW tool for visualizing 2D graphics in 3D

12. Intergraph 3D Wildcat 4100 vs HP Visualize fx6

13. 3D Point to 2D Point?