How to save OpenInventor settings ?

Post by Joshua Robinso » Sat, 07 Jun 2003 04:40:59

Hi All,

I would like to have a setting file for my application, and per user.
How can I save OpenInventor (using TGS 4.0) settings and user's
settings ?

We are not using any of TGS-OpenInventor extensions packages.

Cheers,
-Joshua

Post by Mike He » Sun, 08 Jun 2003 08:21:13

> I would like to have a setting file for my application, and per user.
> How can I save OpenInventor (using TGS 4.0) settings and user's
> settings ?

Have you already decided on a format for your settings file?
XML based settings files are fashionable these days, but the
traditional MS-Windows grouped name-value pairs format (.ini)
and others are still used.  Open Inventor 4.0 itself uses a
very simple name-value pair format to be (at least conceptually)
compatible with the traditional use of "setenv" to configure
OIV parameters.  If you're just doing something "quick and
dirty" it could be convenient to use the OIV mechanism for
your application state also (see SoPreferences).

Next you must decide what settings need to be saved and
restored.  For each each setting, query it's current value
from the appropriate place and write the name and value to
the settings file in your chosen format.

-Mike
 TGS Inc, http://www.tgs.com

1. OpenInventor: Setting center of camera rotation?

I'm using an SoXtExaminerViewer, and I'd like to be able to
automatically perform the "seek" operation on an object, rather than
have the user click the seek button (or hit 's') and then click on an
object.  I can set the camera position and orientation to be how I
want them, but I can't find a method to set the center of rotation of
the SoXtExaminerViewer (I imagine that's where it is, rather than in
the SoCamera classes--but I checked everywhere).  Any ideas?  Is there
an SoTransform node above my scene graph somewhere that I can get to?

Thanks,

Chris
--

Carnegie Mellon University
Field Robotics Center

2. CCITT (FAX) conversion program sought

3. octane screen save (lockscreen) setting of the delay time

4. 3d Studio Max Class

5. Saving Settings

6. linking text into pagemaker

7. Save as default settings...

8. gluPickMatrix in VC++6.0 problems

9. Where is tool bar setting saved?

10. Newbie wants to save a tool's settings

11. Save for web quality setting

12. save settings pshop 6 & other questions

13. batch saving as raw does not keep settings