High powered graphics and LapTops

Post by John Seller » Fri, 29 Sep 1995 04:00:00

I am looking for a full featured high laptop with the best
possible graphics performance.  So far I haven't been able to
examine or get bench mark information on the latest laptops.

I know to look for a fast Pentium CPU, PCI bus, and 2-meg video
RAM, but beyond that I am having a devil of a time finding about
what is important.

Any thoughts on how to get good graphics bang for the dollar?
Also are there any bench marks around on graphics?

I've looked at the TI TravelMate 5100 which is P90, PCI 32-bit, 2
meg video, two Lithium-ion bat. and can be 640x480 65000 colors,
windows accelerator, ...with almost no docking station & few add
ons.

Also considered the new NEC Versa 4050 which is P90, local bus
video with BitBLT Video Accerator, 640x480 16-million colors or
high res screen 600x800 16,000 colors, 2x CD rom...lots of
options available, docking station, cell phone, etc.

Then there is the brand new Ergo brick, 120 MHz Pentium, 10.4"
800x600 LCD 256,000 colors, upgradeable video memory to 2 megs
NTSC output full screen MPEG full motion from disk, 64-bit RAM up
to 64 MBytes, under keyboard 2X CD all formats, audio, MIDI,
PCI-IDE hard disk.

Also the new TadPole (high priced) 133MHertz Pentium, PCI, 64 bit
memory interface w/ up to 128MByte memory, expansion bus, 800x600
256 colors, NiMH battery with clip on pack has 6 hours of
computing time.

Any help would be appreciated.

1. High powered graphics and LapTops

[...]

2. speed of PS with 604 vs 601 chip

3. FS: Power Challenge High End Server w/ Extreme graphics

4. Art Contest - 2d, 3d, and Flash

5. Laptop High-End 3D Video

6. How to get this Effect?

7. Any High End Laptop Computer that uses OpenGL?

8. Software to assign "file info" text to image files?

9. Looking for high powered stand-alone modeller (refs/articles)

10. SN tuning, Base Pri HIGH, was Dual CPU Rendering Power

11. Intergraph high power machines announced...

12. need your help - best laptop for graphics?

13. Need your help - best laptop for graphics?