Change from Coin1 to Coin2

Post by Patricio Mu? » Tue, 15 Apr 2003 00:07:35

Hi all,

I'm working fine with Coin1.0.2 and Visual C++ 6.0. However, I want to
try Coin2 in order to open VRML 2.0 files.

My problem is how to change from one Coin version to the other. I
removed Coin1.0.2 and installed Coin2, but a program that worked
correctly before, now doesn`t work.

What else should I do to install Coin 2 succesfully?

Thanks in advance.

Change from Coin1 to Coin2

Post by Morten Erikse » Tue, 22 Apr 2003 19:51:26

> My problem is how to change from one Coin version to the other. I
> removed Coin1.0.2 and installed Coin2, but a program that worked
> correctly before, now doesn`t work.

Coin version 2 is not *binary* compatible with Coin version 1, so you
need to re-compile your application.

That /should/ be all that is needed, so if you are seeing problems
after this, there is a bug somewhere -- either in your local set-up,
or a compatibility bug in Coin (the former is most likely).

Regards,
Morten
--
<URL:http://www.coin3d.org>

1. Coin2 with SoQt1 and Qt2.3?

Hello,

i know i?m not the first, but all my work failed,
please is there anyone who can help me to compile the new Coin and SoQt
Dll-Files? Or is there anyone who just would give them to me?

Thank You!!

Marc

p.s. are Coin2 and SoQt1 fully compatible with the further versions? Or do I
have to change my programm?

2. EPS resolution question

3. Images change to posterized when I change size???

4. Which programs are best?

5. Lighing changes when my object change its size.

6. WTB: Adobe Premiere

7. Screen coordinates change after changing screen resolution???

8. city builder

9. Images changing places when settings are changed

10. TBitmap data changes when palette changes!

11. how do I change text color on components and change color on Tab Page components

12. Change image colors by changing 256 col palette

13. TBitmap data changes when palette changes!