Treeview in MFC

Post by Algo » Fri, 07 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Hi...

I use a treeview in my MFC application just like in the example...
However... for mysterious reasons... I can no longer use some buttons and
some items of the menu... I think the problem comes from the
OnCreateClient function... when I create the panes... it disables other
stuff... The problem exists in the example too...

Thanks in advance for helping me...

-----------------------------
      Nicolas Bussard
-----------------------------
PhD student
Visual Information Design
Coventry University

Treeview in MFC

Post by Mike Hec » Fri, 07 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> I use a treeview in my MFC application just like in the example...
> However... for mysterious reasons... I can no longer use some buttons and
> some items of the menu... I think the problem comes from the
> OnCreateClient function... when I create the panes... it disables other
> stuff... The problem exists in the example too...

One problem that can occur is an MFC issue --
the MFC message routing mechanism will send
messages for buttons and menus to the handler
(if there is one) in the "active" view.  If the app has
implemented its menu handlers in the Inventor
view, but the tree view is the "active" view (because
for example the user clicked in the tree view), then
the menus will effectively not be handled.

The solution for MFC apps with multiple views is
to implement the menu handlers in the mainFrame
class.  MFC calls these handlers, if they exist,
before calling handlers in the view class.

-Mike
 TGS Inc, http://www.tgs.com

1. MFC button control in MFC vissual C++

I am writing an SDI in Visual C++.  I need to now how to use MFC
buttons to trigger functions like rotation, pan and zoom then use the
mouse to use these functions and I need a button to reset the scene to
original position.  I already have rotate and pan mapped to the left
and right mouse buttons, but I just want the left mouse button to
control every thing and have the functions switch through the MFC
buttons.

Thanks in advance for the help.

2. Interlaced JPGs?

3. OI 2.6 with MFC in a none MFC project

4. FS: FUJITSU SAPPHIRE 2SX GLINT CARD

5. Advanced TreeView algorithm needed ..

6. PM65 (Win) to print to Apple CLW (how?)

7. Algorthim for graphical displaying a TreeView

8. heirarchical objects using Treeview?

9. TreeView DragDrop images the righ way..

10. Treeview-StartLabelEdit

11. Treeview

12. HOW TO: ListView & TreeView Bitmaps WITHOUT ImageList