VHS Capture Problem

Post by Don Princ » Mon, 07 Jul 2003 14:55:21

I need help transferring home videos from VHS to DVD. Many years back I
converted my "Silent Super-8 home videos to VHS". Some of the scenes are
very dark and I am trying to use ULEAD Video Studio 7 filters to change the
brightness. The problem is that when I connect the VCR to my PC I can not
get the ULEAD software to detect the VCR. Can someone help me set up the
ULEAD software to capture videos from VHS.

I have a SONY VAIO system PCV-RZ24G. The same VHS  using Sony's analog
capture software works fine, but it does not have options to change the
brightness. Also I have no problem capturing videos from my Sony digital
video camera.

Thanks in advance,

Don

VHS Capture Problem

Post by Linea Rect » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 03:59:14

I do analog capturing with a Matrox G450 to MPG. In VS go to capture
settings. There should be an option with sliders for brightter/darker while
capturing. Don't know wether this is a part of VS or the Matrox driver
though...

--
MV

os: Windows 2kSP3 - mobo: Asus P4B266 - cpu: Intel P4 1,6 GHz. - mem: 512
MB. - video: Matrox Marvel G450eTV 32 MB. AGP - monitor: iiyama Vision
Master 1401 - sound: SB Audigy 1394 - hd: 2 X Maxtor 60 GB. - DVD/CD-ROM:
Toshiba DVD-ROM SD-M1712 - DVD+RW/+R: AOpen DVRW2412Pro - modem: Dynalink
Lucent Win Modem 56k6 - printers: HP DeskJet 720C & HP LaserJet IIP Plus -
keyb: PS/2 MS Internet Keyboard - mouse: Logitech Pilot Wheel Mouse Optical
USB - removable: parallel Iomega ZipDrive 100

Quote:> I need help transferring home videos from VHS to DVD. Many years back I
> converted my "Silent Super-8 home videos to VHS". Some of the scenes are
> very dark and I am trying to use ULEAD Video Studio 7 filters to change
the
> brightness. The problem is that when I connect the VCR to my PC I can not
> get the ULEAD software to detect the VCR. Can someone help me set up the
> ULEAD software to capture videos from VHS.

> I have a SONY VAIO system PCV-RZ24G. The same VHS  using Sony's analog
> capture software works fine, but it does not have options to change the
> brightness. Also I have no problem capturing videos from my Sony digital
> video camera.

> Thanks in advance,

> Don

1. Using S-VHS input with Video Capture 1.0.1

Here is a url that might provide some help
http://www.sims.berkeley.edu/~jwang/cgi/av-faq/

This may not apply to you but many people think that S-VHS and Hi-8 are
true component video. Its not. When using Hi-8 though I do use the s-video
input and output and use the component codec but only see a minor
improvement in image quality. If you had a significant investment in a
digital video card that would justify investing in good prosumer VCR's or
professional VTR's.

--
http://www.west.net/~cougar

2. U S E F U L L I N F O . . . ... . .. . . . . . ... . . . . . .. . . . 567

3. Best Method for VHS Frame Capture

4. Help with G-400 card

5. How to capture avi file to vhs tape

6. NT Toaster ... really?

7. VHS capture card recommendations....

8. Exporting from Texture view?

9. Vid capture w/ S-VHS inpu

10. VS6 Won't capture audio from VHS

11. VHS or S-VHS?

12. Video Capture Problems w/ "capture"

13. Newbie Q: Problem outputting to VHS with DC30pro and NT