Text Size

Post by suzanne knap » Mon, 16 Jun 2003 00:51:32

What does the text size number in PI 6 actually refer to?  It doesn't appear
to be point size, since the same text size appears different in objects
containing different text, for example "Antique Show" and "Contact".  I
assume it's the extenders which are affecting this - I'm using Cateneo,
which has very tall h's a long tail on q's.  Is there a way to get
consistent-looking text size for objects containing different text?
Thanks.

Text Size

Post by suzanne knap » Mon, 16 Jun 2003 04:09:07

After more investigation, I see that this problem only occurs when I edit
the text in one particular object.  In that one case, the new text expands
or contracts to fill the same space as the old!  I had been creating new
gifs by modifying the text in a .ufo then saving as .gif.  Apparently
there's something wrong with that .ufo, because as long as I don't use it
there's no problem with the size.  If anyone has any insights as to what
might be going on, I'd be interested as a matter of curiosity.

Quote:> What does the text size number in PI 6 actually refer to?  It doesn't
appear
> to be point size, since the same text size appears different in objects
> containing different text, for example "Antique Show" and "Contact".  I
> assume it's the extenders which are affecting this - I'm using Cateneo,
> which has very tall h's a long tail on q's.  Is there a way to get
> consistent-looking text size for objects containing different text?
> Thanks.

Text Size

Post by MI » Mon, 16 Jun 2003 08:16:50

Yes, it's points, not all fonts appear the same size at the same point size.

What does the text size number in PI 6 actually refer to?  It doesn't appear
to be point size, since the same text size appears different in objects
containing different text, for example "Antique Show" and "Contact".  I
assume it's the extenders which are affecting this - I'm using Cateneo,
which has very tall h's a long tail on q's.  Is there a way to get
consistent-looking text size for objects containing different text?
Thanks.

1. Help: writing text to window--controlling text size

  Dear OpenGL users,
    I've got code from sgi (xfont.c) that opens and loads a font
and allows printing in an x-window; I've also read chapter 8 in the
"OpenGL Programming Guide." However, I need more control than OpenGL
seems to gives me (according to chapter 8).  Specifically, I need to control
the size of the text I want to write into a window (I'm writing a utility
that graphs results and it needs axis labels, etc...), and short of
Any hints about how I might proceed would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for your time and trouble.

 - Cheers,
     Chris Currie

2. Making Graphics have a 3-D border

3. Adobe Illustrator Export Art botches text size

4. XP Formatted Icons

5. How to change the text-size on the Desktop-Level

6. PRINTING DBChart

7. Text size reduction: Random results?

8. Non-linear DV editors?

9. Text size