do you like the PI 7 upgrade from PI 6?

Post by Kerry Pierc » Tue, 27 Nov 2001 05:38:23

  I'm considering the upgrade from PI 6 to 7 and I'd like to know what you
folks have to say about the new version vs the old.

TIA!

do you like the PI 7 upgrade from PI 6?

Post by Rober » Tue, 27 Nov 2001 07:18:27

This isn't enough that's different to justify the expense - in Australia
anyway, even the upgrades are expensive here.

You should try the trial and decide for yourself
Rob

Quote:>   I'm considering the upgrade from PI 6 to 7 and I'd like to know what you

Post by Chris Laarma » Tue, 27 Nov 2001 08:18:10

> This isn't enough that's different to justify the expense - in Australia
> anyway, even the upgrades are expensive here.

> You should try the trial and decide for yourself
> Rob

> >   I'm considering the upgrade from PI 6 to 7 and I'd like to know what
you
> > folks have to say about the new version vs the old.

> > TIA!

Robert, I guess that you refer to the boxed edition - and to the shipping
cost involved?

Kerry, in that case you might want to refer to the recent thread "PI 7 CD or
download?".

--
Chris Laarman
(Amsterdam, NL)

do you like the PI 7 upgrade from PI 6?

Post by Kell » Tue, 27 Nov 2001 19:08:16

As far as features, the Zmerge alone is worth the upgrade.  But there is also
the zoomblur, the crystal filters, and vastly improved interface. For me, at
least, the fact I can have easy palette and layer manager open at the same
time is a huge plus.

Kelly
www.photoimpactzone.com

Post by Kerry Pierc » Tue, 27 Nov 2001 19:40:27

>>As far as features, the Zmerge alone is worth the upgrade.  But there is also
>>the zoomblur, the crystal filters, and vastly improved interface. For me, at
>>least, the fact I can have easy palette and layer manager open at the same
>>time is a huge plus.

  Thanks, appreciate the info.  Can you tell me a little about the Zmerge,
the crystal filters, and the layer manager that you find so interesting?
They haven't added layers in the sense used in photoshop or PSP have they?

  I'm not being lazy.  I have a slow dial-up connection and don't want tie
up the computer trying to download the demo.  I'll have to go with the
boxed version when I buy it.  :-)

thanks!

do you like the PI 7 upgrade from PI 6?

Post by nirsu » Wed, 28 Nov 2001 07:06:57

Zmerge makes it possible for paths to show as if they are melting into
others

They added some improvements to the layer manager.

You don't need layers like photoshop bacause you have the object eraser tool
which - to me - one of the most used tool

Nir

do you like the PI 7 upgrade from PI 6?

Post by Rober » Wed, 28 Nov 2001 13:06:33

I have
Rob