PI Wizardry vs. Skating thry PI

Post by Surrea » Mon, 23 Apr 2001 01:04:22

Dear Stephanie Baker-Thomas,

I was just wondering what the differences is between
your previous book, Skating Through PI, and your new one, PI Wizardry. I
know Skating is for PI 5, but are there any other differences, such as
difficulty level, topics, etc?

Thanks,
Philip

PI Wizardry vs. Skating thry PI

Post by Stephanie Baker-Thoma » Tue, 24 Apr 2001 06:23:40

"Surreal" wrote

Quote:> I was just wondering what the differences is between
> your previous book, Skating Through PI, and your new one, PI Wizardry. I
> know Skating is for PI 5, but are there any other differences, such as
> difficulty level, topics, etc?

It you go here, http://www.eastofthesun.com/pi6/wizardry.htm, you will find
information about the book. There are 6 sections and the chapters within
each section are listed. Every menu command and tool is covered in detail.
There are more exercises in this book than in the PI6 book. Of course all
the new features in PI6 are covered. The book is aimed at beginning to
intermediate users of PI, not experts.

Thanks for your interest,
Stephanie
http://www.eastofthesun.com
http://www.eastofsun.com/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/Ultimate.cgi

1. RE vs Indigo vs GTX vs PI graphics

Hello world,

I have a program which produces a nice picture on a Reality engine, a VGX or
an Indigo (entry graphics).  However the same piece of code run on a 240GTX
or a PI I find that my lighting is really wonky, that is no shading on the
"front" of the object is boring while the back is lit correctly, this looks
like the normals are opposite on the object ???  And I get lmbind BADINDEX
errors ???  Wierd huh ?!

Anyway the code runs without errors on the other machines.

Can anyone tell me if there is a diff. between these graphics pipelines and if
so what the h.ll it is !! It is really annoying.

deano

Dean McRobie                      | "She took her umbrella and a biscuit tin,

Advanced Computer Graphics Centre |  For a slurpee and a tofu dog ..."
RMIT, Melbourne, Australia        |        Thomas Dolby

2. Hiding Image files

3. upgrade pi 3.0 to pi 6.0 (possible?)

4. animation book

5. PI 4 and PI 6