Creating DVD larger than 4.7 Gb???

Post by Adam Whi » Wed, 04 Jun 2003 05:42:00

Running VS7, I would like to create an ISO image (or VOB files, either
way) on my hard drive that is larger than the normal 4.7 Gb size
limitation.  I'm not actually burniing the image to a DVD disk so the
larger size is not a problem.  But VS stops creating the VOB files
when it hits the size limitation ... is there any way around this?

Thanks,
Adam

Creating DVD larger than 4.7 Gb???

Post by Jerry Jon » Thu, 05 Jun 2003 06:22:27

Please install the latest patch for ULEAD VideoStudio 7.

The patch is available for download here:

http://www.ulead.com/tech/vs/vs_ftp.htm

Jerry Jones
http://www.jonesgroup.net

Creating DVD larger than 4.7 Gb???

Post by Jerry Jon » Thu, 05 Jun 2003 06:37:36

Not to my knowledge.

Jerry Jones
http://www.jonesgroup.net

Creating DVD larger than 4.7 Gb???

Post by Adam Whi » Fri, 06 Jun 2003 04:39:56

Jerry,

I checked the Ulead web site and read about the latest patch you
suggested.  It does not mention anything about file sizes.  And your
comment below is a little confusing to me.  Did your "not to my
knowledge" mean there was no workaround or did it mean that I still
won't be able to create the larger ISO images after installing the
patch?  If the former, then my trouble will go away when I install the
patch.

Quote:>Not to my knowledge.

1. Announce : ThumbNailer 4.7

        ThumbNailer 4.7 is out.

        it has :

        JPG, PNG, PCX, BMP, TIFF, AVI frame extraction
        Batch mode or single file operation
        DOS command line or Windows operation
        24-bit, 8-bit or 8-bit grayscale output
        Automatic background matte
        Sharpening
        Contrast and brightness corrections
        User-defined LUT option
        Text overlay
        Transparent image overlay
        Customizable input and output file name filters
        JPEG_COM marker text capability
        Multiple resizing methods
        Full PNG text and gamma capabilities
        Log file creation
        Image edge fades
        HTML page generator, with links, tables and more
        Composite (contact sheet) creation
        Optional QuickThumbs Context Menu extension
        On-line help
        Free upgrades!

        see http://www.smalleranimals.com/thumb.htm
                c  h  r  i  s    l  o  s  i  n  g  e  r

            Win95 Software | MFC JPG code | Records | more
I woke with a headache and the word "inferential" written on my cheek.

     ReplyTo address has been corrupted to deter unwanted e-mail.
                        Use the address above.

2. DelphiX and Alpha Blending

3. Netscape Communicator 4.7 Bug!

4. Colorufast images to import in Word, PowerPoint

5. .jpg files not viewable on Netscape 4.7

6. RMORF!

7. MPG - QuickTime - Netscape 4.7 question

8. OT Satellite connections

9. Error creating from 1.5 Gb AVI in media studio 5.2

10. Help with creating instructional DVD

11. Can animation be created as DVD???