transparent gif with gif animator 5

Post by Michael Birke » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 19:28:41

hello,
the background color of my gif file is lilac
how can i change this to a transparent background color?

thanks

transparent gif with gif animator 5

Post by Jerry Jon » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 00:09:35

Quote:> the background color of my gif file is lilac
> how can i change this to a transparent background color?

You should see a transparency adjustment box on the right hand side of
your interface.

Do you see that?

Also - there's a helpful tutorial about GIF Animator 5.0 here:

http://www.ulead.com/learning/ga/ga5_03_1.htm

Note: GIF Animator 5 offers new Ulead object creation and management
capabilities.

So it's different from past versions of the program.

The tutorial above explains this in greater detail.

Jerry Jones
http://www.jonesgroup.net

transparent gif with gif animator 5

Post by Michael Birke » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 00:40:56

Quote:>You should see a transparency adjustment box on the right hand side of
>your interface.
>Do you see that?

no - how can i show this window?

transparent gif with gif animator 5

Post by Jerry Jon » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 07:07:45

Click VIEW>OBJECT MANAGER PANEL.

Then you'll see the transparency controls.

Jerry Jones
http://www.jonesgroup.net

transparent gif with gif animator 5

Post by Michael Birke » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 16:30:21

thank you - and now?
wen i set the transparency to 99 _all_ objects now transparent

transparent gif with gif animator 5

Post by Jerry Jon » Sat, 28 Jun 2003 01:05:23

Quote:> _all_ objects now transparent

Probably because you have SELECTED all objects.

If you create a new object and then SELECT it, you can control the
transparency for that object ONLY - as long as no other objects are
selected.

Jerry Jones
http://www.jonesgroup.net

1. GIF Animator 5 - transparent GIF ghosting Problem - see sample

My sample of this problem are here:

http://www.infocellar.com/Test/test1.htm

Unlike other Animated GIF packages, you can't simply select a color to
be transparent and save the gif.  Instead, you have to work frame by
frame :

select a Frame
select the corresponding object
use the magic wand to select the color that you want to be transparent
click the "Selection Options" button at the top-middle
select "Make Selection Area Transparent"
Then repeat for each Frame - what a major hassle !!!

Then, after doing all that - I have an odd "ghosting" problem.  The
GIF plays file if I click the "Run" button at the bottom of the Frames
bar - but when I save it, or when I view it in the preview pane - each
image "stays" for the duration until Frame 1 is repeated.  The images
stack up and you see this weird trailing effect.  Image Ready
(Photoshop companion) does the same thing.

Their help file is miserable - when you search for Transparent there
is one entry with one sentence about it:
"Makes the selected area in the selected object layer transparent"
That's it !!!  I emailed them but no response after 2 days.

However, the one free tool, www.gifworks.com works perfectly !!  You
simply load the file, click on the color you want to be transparent,
and save the gif.  Still this was $44 and I want to get it to work -
any ideas??  Feel free to download the original GIF and see if you
also get that Ghosting effect when you make the outer portions
Transparent - I am so curious to see if you do.

2. modeler

3. Batch convert gif to transparent gif

4. Maya textures, terrains and atmospheres

5. GIF plug-ins/transparent GIF's

6. O2 Real Time MPEG encoding

7. Ulead gif animator with GIF-X Plugin

8. Gif.gIf.giF - Animated GIF Screen Capturing