No sound from TV in VideoStudio 6 or 7

Post by Scot » Mon, 23 Jun 2003 09:03:10

I have the full, registered version of VideoStudio 6 with the update
installed.  I also have the trial version of VS7.  I have tried what I
believe to be every audio option available to get the TV sound on my
computer speakers in both programs.  The picture shows up and plays just
fine.  I believe that "Line In" is the correct option for audio capture
filter under VS6, I don't know about VS 7.  In both versions, I have the
boxed check that says to "capture audio."  I think that with ATI cards,
there is supposed to be some kind of cord that goes to the sound card from
the video card.  I am using an Asylum Geforce 4 TI4600 video card, but I
can't find a place on it to hook up to my sound card.  Is there some way I'm
supposed to hook the sound card up to my VCR or TV?
These are my specs:
Asylum Geforce 4 TI4600 video card
SoundBlaster Audigy 2 sound card
Athlon XP 1800
1 gigabyte of RAM
Windows XP
Full version of VS 6 that came with the Geforce 4
Trial version of VS 7
Latest drivers for everything.

Thanks

No sound from TV in VideoStudio 6 or 7

Post by Jerry Jon » Wed, 25 Jun 2003 02:13:38

Quote:> Asylum Geforce 4 TI4600 video card

This card probably does not feature integrated audio inputs, correct?

But it does feature video inputs, right?

So - if you're capturing from a VCR - you have probably already fed
the composite cable from the VCR into the video card's input.

Likewise, you would need to connect the VCR's audio output to your
sound card's 'line in' input.

Have you tried this method?

Jerry Jones
http://www.jonesgroup.net

1. VideoStudio 6 TV capture failed...

Whatever type of capturing format I choose, after 3~4 seconds of recording
from TV I get a "capture failed" error, warning that the file is corrupt and
unusable and that it will be cancelled....
It seems that the software sees no input signal, but I can see the image on
the preview screen actually!
I have an ATI All-In-Wonder Radeon video card on a WinXP P4 system, and WDM
drivers are up to date.

Any suggestion about how to solve this annoying problem?

Thanks everyone and have a wonderful new year!

The Net

2. Cardinal splines and blend shapes

3. Ulead VideoStudio 4.0 SE - removing sound

4. Color display

5. SOLVED: Sound problem using AIW cards with Ulead VideoStudio, VideoWave, Avid Cinema

6. Graphics Tools

7. Sound problem using Ulead VideoStudio version 4.0 with AIW 128 AGP 32mb

8. OCTREE coding algorithm ?

9. Sound out of sync with Ulead Videostudio

10. PC->TV, TV->PC

11. Tv with tv card by using the mci

12. VGA pin(s) carrying sound (my monitor causes sound output)