Ulead DVD Workshop Help - PLEASE

Post by Vuunderbo » Thu, 22 May 2003 14:14:36

I am trying to create my first DVD. I am a bit lost. Here's what I have...

I have one long 3GB movie, which I created clips from (16 total clips),
which when attached to each other, play a contiguous movie.

Using DVD Workshop, I go to edit, and from the library, drag each clip into
the bottom window where it says "Drop Video or Image Clip Here". The chapter
list however, doesn't seem to grow. Just looks like 1 clip is added. Is this
the way it should be? Or, do I play the video in the preview window, and
then add chapters from that clip. Are these chapters used to navigate within
ONE clip? Or, are they used as each clip is a different chapter?

I am really confused, so ANY help is appreciated!! All I want is once disc,
which when played, will essentially play the 17 clips as one long clip on
the DVD, and if I want to start watching the DVD from a certain "scene" (one
of my 17 clips) do I do that via the menu.

Scott

Ulead DVD Workshop Help - PLEASE

Post by Matt » Thu, 22 May 2003 15:05:33

This is a LOT easier with Movie Factory.  I don't have suggestions on DVD
workshop...

Quote:> I am trying to create my first DVD. I am a bit lost. Here's what I have...

Post by Nigel Brooks 2°°3? » Thu, 22 May 2003 22:17:40

Quote:> I am trying to create my first DVD. I am a bit lost. Here's what I have...

> I have one long 3GB movie, which I created clips from (16 total clips),
> which when attached to each other, play a contiguous movie.

> Using DVD Workshop, I go to edit, and from the library, drag each clip
into
> the bottom window where it says "Drop Video or Image Clip Here". The
chapter
> list however, doesn't seem to grow. Just looks like 1 clip is added. Is
this
> the way it should be? Or, do I play the video in the preview window, and
> then add chapters from that clip. Are these chapters used to navigate
within
> ONE clip? Or, are they used as each clip is a different chapter?

> I am really confused, so ANY help is appreciated!! All I want is once
disc,
> which when played, will essentially play the 17 clips as one long clip on
> the DVD, and if I want to start watching the DVD from a certain "scene"
(one
> of my 17 clips) do I do that via the menu.

> Scott

When you get to the menu creation stage, and have selected the menu you wish
to use, there should be a bar off to the right of your screen which shows
all the 16 individual clips, drag those to your menu.  You can also
designate each clip to either play and go back to the menu, or play and go
on to the next clip in the edit screen

--
Nigel Brooks

Ulead DVD Workshop Help - PLEASE

Post by Jerry Jon » Wed, 28 May 2003 06:42:53

Quote:> Using DVD Workshop, I go to edit,
> and from the library, drag each clip
> into the bottom window where it says
> "Drop Video or Image Clip Here".
> The chapter list however, doesn't
> seem to grow.

Actually, it is growing.

Click the SHOW/HIDE CHAPTER LIST button (during EDIT step).

See the thumbnail in the lower right corner?

As you add clips, this becomes a *stack* of thumbnails.

See the little black arrows next to the thumbnail?

Click those and you'll see how you can cycle through the stack of
thumbnails (FORWARD/BACKWARD).

Each time you click to reveal a different thumbnail, you'll see the
corresponding THUMBNAIL appear in the CHAPTER LIST.

Quote:> Just looks like 1 clip is added. Is
> this the way it should be?

Yes.

Quote:> Or, do I play the video in the
> preview window, and then add
> chapters from that clip.

You can do this, also.

Quote:> Are these chapters used to navigate
> within ONE clip?

It can be set to do this.

Quote:>Or, are they used as each clip is a different chapter?

It can be set to do this, also.

Here are some FREE tutorials, Scott:

http://www.ulead.com/learning/dws.htm

Jerry Jones
http://www.jonesgroup.net

1. Ulead DVD Movie Factory and DVD Workshop MPG Problem

I've got the trial of both of these programs (Ulead DVD Movie Factory
and Ulead DVD Workshop), and when I try to open either, I get a "Load
MPEG vio Driver Error".

Otherwise, all of my programs that use MPEG, including Ulead Media
Studio Pro, are working fine.

Any suggestions / recommendations ??

Thanks

2. graduate programs

3. NEEDS ULEAD DVD WORKSHOP!!!

4. Q: OpenGL lighting model (linear attenuation)

5. ULEAD Releases Brand New DVD Workshop 1.3 Update

6. Shock Wave effect

7. New Book: How To Use Ulead DVD Workshop

8. Conversion Question: C4D to LWO ????

9. ULEAD Announces AC-3 Support In New DVD WORKSHOP

10. Version 1.3 Update: Now Available for ULEAD DVD WORKSHOP

11. Audio and Ulead DVD Workshop

12. Canopus DVStorm2 Bundled With ULEAD DVD Workshop

13. Ulead DVD Workshop 1.3 Update