*****Crash Help, Crash Help*****

Post by RAY G CURI » Wed, 30 Dec 1998 04:00:00

        I am running Media Studio Pro 5.0 VE with my Matrox Mystique 220
Business card with a Matrox Rainbow Runner attached and after about 2-5
minutes of editing I get a message stating, "This program has performed an
illegal operation and will be shut down".  From there the program is exited.
I believe I have all the latest drivers for my hardware and I even
downloaded Media Studio 5.2 VE from your site.  I downloaded the 5.2 file to
my desktop and set it up from there.  It said setup was succesful and I
still get the error message about an illegal operation while editing.
Hmmm...?  Any help will be greatly appreciated.  You can e-mail me at

beginner with this whole editing world.  Thank you, Ray.  PS:  This seems to
happen more while I am cutting (with the scissors) and dragging footage.

1. 64mgs...crash, crash,crash

Can someone tell me what would be a good minimum ram for MAX.  I've got 64
and whenevr I try to animate particle systems or anything vaguley
complicated it crashes..or it renders then crashes.

Is this strictly a memory issue?  For the first time today i got a memory
error when I tried to use convolver in the material browser then it
crashed.  But t before today it was strictly silent crashes.

I can upgrade to 128mgs if it will help.  But will it.  Could this be an
accelerator issue - i dont have one worth talking about....I've got 2 gigs
of free disk space and have 400mg swap space assigned.  Also...since I got
the extra 2 gigs its been crashing less which leads me to the memory thing.

I was reading a tutorial the other day and the guys like...first make 8
particle systems....yeah right...crash.

Anyway...email me solutions please

2. Speed-up

3. PageMaker 6.5 + 7.6.1 = crash crash crash?

4. Request, can you help?

5. Alien Skin 32 bit CRASH CRASH on PS3.0.4

6. Announce about CDs.

7. CRASH CRASH!!!

8. looking for DPS Perception (PAL)

9. CRASH Corel Draw 8 CRASH

10. PI 4.2 goes CRASH CRASH!

11. HELP: Illustrator 4.1 Crashing

12. Help: Wacom tablet driver crashes Watcom debugger

13. HELP: Is Micrographx Designer 4.0 known to crash?