VS 7 Improving picture quality of captured analog clip from camcorder?

VS 7 Improving picture quality of captured analog clip from camcorder?

Post by J. Schwarzko » Tue, 24 Jun 2003 17:57:33

I captured a video clip from an analog Camcorder via my Geforce 4600
graphics card as an avi file. The cpautre pictur in VS 7 looks fine
but if I replay the captured clip the persons movements created line
distrotions. Is there a filter out to improve the clip or to what do I
have to change my capture settings to prevent these artefacts?
The current settings are Video composite, PAL, AVI. Audio is fine
Thanks
Joachim

VS 7 Improving picture quality of captured analog clip from camcorder?

Post by Jerry Jon » Wed, 25 Jun 2003 01:56:47

Quote:> I captured a video clip
> from an analog Camcorder
> via my Geforce 4600
> graphics card as an avi
> file. The captured picture
> in VS 7 looks fine but if
> I replay the captured clip
> the persons movements created
> line distortions.

It's difficult to pinpoint the problem without more information.

However, it might be your project FIELD ORDER settings need to be
adjusted.

You might try experimenting with FIELD ORDER A or FIELD ORDER B and
see if there's an improvement.

Jerry Jones
http://www.jonesgroup.net

VS 7 Improving picture quality of captured analog clip from camcorder?

Post by J. Schwarzko » Wed, 25 Jun 2003 14:42:49

Thanks for the info Jerry, but I am new with the program, so I
couldn't find the FIELD ORDER settings.
I found out that it also depended on the compression format. The best
result was achieved with DVD but I wonder that I am just able to
create a 40 min DVD on a 4,7 +RW and not 1h. Are their any tricks to
compress the file furthermore.
Thnaks for your help
Joachim

> > I captured a video clip
> > from an analog Camcorder
> > via my Geforce 4600
> > graphics card as an avi
> > file. The captured picture
> > in VS 7 looks fine but if
> > I replay the captured clip
> > the persons movements created
> > line distortions.

> It's difficult to pinpoint the problem without more information.

> However, it might be your project FIELD ORDER settings need to be
> adjusted.

> You might try experimenting with FIELD ORDER A or FIELD ORDER B and
> see if there's an improvement.

> Jerry Jones
> http://www.jonesgroup.net

VS 7 Improving picture quality of captured analog clip from camcorder?

Post by Jerry Jon » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 23:55:19

Click FILE>PROJECT PROPERTIES and then click the EDIT button and then
click the GENERAL tab.

There you should see a FRAME TYPE drop down list.

One can select FRAME-BASED - if the project will be displayed on
computer monitors only.

One can select FIELD ORDER A - if one is using an OHCI compliant IEEE
1394 controller card.

One can select FIELD ORDER B - if one is using a different type of
capture board that specifies this option.

Jerry Jones
http://www.jonesgroup.net

1. improving poor quality (original not scanned) pictures?

Hi, I recently got a scanner and tried scanning some pictures from a
catalog (Smith and
Hawken if it matters) and noticed that the pixels?/color dots? (sorry
this is all new to
me) seem even more apparent in the scan.  Now for pictures of things
like people I
guess one could use something like a gaussian <sp?> blur but the things
I scanned
are things like flower arrangements which working on with the blur tool
would most
likely be the death of me.  I have gimp (fairly recent but I can get the
newest if need be)
and have easy access to Photoshop 5.  Any help here would be greatly
appreciated!

                                       -Gaiko

Gaikokujin Kyofusho

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Simple code?

3. refresh rate?

4. Analog tapes on Digital8 camcorder: editing limitations?

5. Have the 3D Builder crack.The prg where is it?

6. iMovie analog capture problem

7. PCX format

8. VID Capture - Analog and digital

9. Suggestions for analog capture card?

10. Analog Capture

11. Niqist analog/digital/analog

12. Video Capture Card using PAL camcorder ????