Movie Factory Keep Aspect Ratio Setting?

Movie Factory Keep Aspect Ratio Setting?

Post by Matt » Sun, 04 May 2003 11:19:37

I'm trying to make a DVD using Ulead MovieFactory 2 and the source avi file
is 640 x 272 and Movie Factory wants to squeeze it to a 3:4 aspect ratio.
How can I just tell Movie Factory to leave it at the same aspect ratio?
There is a checkbox that says to keep aspect ratio but it's grayed out.  Can
someone advise on this?

Movie Factory Keep Aspect Ratio Setting?

Post by Shlomi Schwar » Sat, 31 May 2003 01:43:51

I have the same problom...

Movie Factory Keep Aspect Ratio Setting?

Post by Jerry Jon » Sat, 31 May 2003 06:36:44

Did you know 640 x 272 is not an officially approved MPEG output
standard?

The Ulead software is designed to support video that complies with
official standards.

Jerry Jones
http://www.jonesgroup.net

Movie Factory Keep Aspect Ratio Setting?

Post by Shlomi Schwar » Mon, 02 Jun 2003 04:31:29

Jerry thanks for the replay!

I understand that the MPEG format has to be in a specific resolution
in order to work fine on a DVD player, but what I really need is just
to keep the aspect ratio...

Which means that if I have a 16:9 clip it will be rendered with black
borders on top and bottom of the screen and not stretch to fit 3:4
format.

The ulead software looks great; I just need to solve this problem!

Thanks again :-)

Movie Factory Keep Aspect Ratio Setting?

Post by Jerry Jon » Thu, 05 Jun 2003 06:53:34

I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to accomplish.

However, the FAQ for Ulead DVD MovieFactory indicates 16:9 is not
officially supported:

http://www.ulead.com/tech/dps/dps2faq.htm#5

Ulead DVD WORKSHOP, however, *does* support 16:9.

Jerry Jones
http://www.jonesgroup.net

Movie Factory Keep Aspect Ratio Setting?

Post by Jerry Jon » Fri, 06 Jun 2003 04:22:31

I'm sorry.

I posted the link to the DVD PictureShow 2 FAQ.

Nevertheless, I have been advised that 16:9 is not officially
supported by Ulead DVD MovieFactory 2 either.

Jerry Jones
http://www.jonesgroup.net

1. Device Aspect Ratio / Pixel Aspect Ratio

Okay.. I have footage rendered in Maya. I am currently rendering out footage to overlay on that maya footage with RAT/Renderman. But, the prman footage does not line up with the maya footage back plate. I am using 720x365 .901 pixel aspect and device aspect of 1.777 in the maya footage. There is only a place to set the pixel aspect in the renderman globals, I set it to .901, I don't see anywhere to set the device aspect, I am assuming that PRMAN calculates the device aspect from the pixel aspect? Or how can I make the footage line up if the correct pixel aspect of .901 doesnt do it?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
    -Jamie

2. Histogram plot: HOW TO ?

3. HELP: have image fit to frame, but keep aspect ratio

4. Animation

5. Keeping forms aspect ratio when resizing (D1)

6. raycasting - just what is?

7. Movie screen aspect ratio?

8. Ulead Movie Factory II: capture directory path setting

9. HELP: Monitor Resolution and Aspect Ratio

10. aspect ratio

11. direct3D aspect ratio

12. Aspect Ratio