Hardware MPEG encoder for MSP-7

Post by Leif Jense » Fri, 13 Jun 2003 08:20:31

Hi Group,

I have a AMD XP 2000+ system with Media Studio Pro 7 and wants to speed up
the process of converting from DV-AVI to MPEG-2 in MSP-7 and perhaps get
realtime preview.

Which hardware encoding solution will you reccomend ?    I have been looking
at
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro which looks like it has a MPEG-2 encoding feature in the
hardware.   Will this card work with MSP-7 ?

Any suggestions are very welcome.

Regards,
Leif

Hardware MPEG encoder for MSP-7

Post by Jerry Jon » Sat, 14 Jun 2003 01:32:51

Quote:> I have a AMD XP 2000+ system with Media Studio Pro 7 and wants to speed up
> the process of converting from DV-AVI to MPEG-2 in MSP-7

Ulead MediaStudio Pro 7 will capture from DV camcorders directly to
MPEG-2, if speed is your primary goal.

Quote:> and perhaps get realtime preview.

Ulead MediaStudio Pro 7 already provides real-time previews with
nothing more than an OHCI compliant Firewire board.

I just tested; it works.

I don't recommend the hardware route.

Why?

Proprietary drivers.

They're problematic.

Jerry Jones
http://www.jonesgroup.net

Hardware MPEG encoder for MSP-7

Post by Leif Jense » Sat, 14 Jun 2003 05:48:20

Quote:> Ulead MediaStudio Pro 7 will capture from DV camcorders directly to
> MPEG-2, if speed is your primary goal.

I just tried that, but it still has to render before I can see it in the
preview window, or
create a videofile. And the rendering takes time - like 2 minutes for 30
seconds of video.
It's that I want to speed up.

Regards,
Leif

Hardware MPEG encoder for MSP-7

Post by Jerry Jon » Sun, 15 Jun 2003 03:34:02

Quote:> I just tried that, but it
> still has to render before
> I can see it in the
> preview window,

1. Click on PREVIEW WINDOW MENU BUTTON;

2. Select PLAYBACK OPTIONS;

3. A dialogue box appears;

4. Check the ENABLE MULTI-THREADING box and set the SLIDER to 0.

5. Click the INSTANT PLAYBACK drop-down list button and select your DV
camcorder as the target output device;

6. Click the PREVIEW WINDOW MENU BUTTON again and make sure the
INSTANT PLAYBACK option is selected;

7. Now you should get real-time previews to your external monitor...
ALL IN SOFTWARE!

Hope this helps,

Jerry Jones
http://www.jonesgroup.net

1. Realtime MPEG encoder (hardware) available ?

I am looking for (technical and commercial) information regarding MPEG-2
encoders. The encoding should be done in realtime, starting from a standard
imagestream.

I am particulary interested in the interface this device offers to deliver the
MPEG-2 datastream. I would like to find a device offering an ATM interface (and
most preferably an STM-1 interface). I need the information and the
specifications of such a system, the availability may be by the 2Q96.

Please mail me or call me if you have any information on a device that may fit
my needs. You can reach me through:

phone : +32 3 240 71 91
fax   : +32 3 240 99 17

(be sure to send your answer to this e-mail address, because it is different of
the one in the posting)

Thanks for your help !

Jurgen Lison
Alcatel Bell

2. Single 3D engine for both space / landscape sim ?

3. Broadway Hardware MPEG Encoder Board

4. Request for testers for Color X11 for Amiga

5. MPEG capture in MSP 6

6. Exelent tool for every serious 3D-user.

7. MPEG-1 Plug-In for MSP 5.2 VE

8. CVA documentation / example code

9. MSP 5.02VE MPEG?

10. MPEG-4 encoder/decoder