Upgrades and PI 4.2

Post by JR » Mon, 07 Dec 1998 04:00:00

What free upgrades are available to PhotoImpact 4.2 owners???

Upgrades and PI 4.2

Post by JR » Mon, 07 Dec 1998 04:00:00

>What free upgrades are available to PhotoImpact 4.2 owners???

Upgrades and PI 4.2

Post by Elen » Mon, 07 Dec 1998 04:00:00

me too, me too... i just got my PI the other day and then found the
reference to upgrades. i haven't had a chance to read all the
documentation. but it sounds like we might need to go and download
some stuff. i'm sure we'll get some advice.
-el

>>What free upgrades are available to PhotoImpact 4.2 owners???

Upgrades and PI 4.2

Post by Laurie Presto » Mon, 07 Dec 1998 04:00:00

I think just the Gif Animater 3

>me too, me too... i just got my PI the other day and then found the
>reference to upgrades. i haven't had a chance to read all the
>documentation. but it sounds like we might need to go and download
>some stuff. i'm sure we'll get some advice.
>-el

>>>What free upgrades are available to PhotoImpact 4.2 owners???

1. Upgrading to PI 4.2 from Version 4

Well I have been running the full (and registered) version of PI 4 for a few
months (with the first patch loaded) and I really love the program for web
graphics. I was anxious to get the new 4.2 upgrade patch so I downloaded
this from the ulead web site (14 MB file) and found out that the file that
the ulead web site directed me to download for the upgrade was the trial of
PI 4.2. After the download, I thought that this may recognize the version
4.0 on my system and upgrade (like several Ulead updates) but it never asked
to make an upgrade, but only offer to install the trial. I stopped the
install before any files were copied.

This time I used my ftp program and downloaded a 10 MB file that appeared to
be the 4.2 patch under the updates folder for PI. After downloading this
file and trying to install, I got a message informing me that I did not have
the full version of PI 4 and the install was aborted. Note: I DO HAVE THE
FULL VERSION OF PI 4!!!

By now, I had downloaded about 25 MB total files and still no upgrade. Maybe
it was time to order the CD upgrade for $20. However, I tried one last shot
and uninstalled PI 4, rebooted and reinstalled PI 4, rebooted again, then
installed the patch file and it FINALLY UPDATED MY PI 4 TO PI 4.2 with a
successfull message.

Well, I don't know if anyone else runs into this problem, but if you have
problems upgrading, try removing your current installation, re-install your
original PI 4 (without the first patch), then try the latest patch to
version 4.2.

I might order the CD for $20 anyway just to get the button applett. Is there
any way to get this applet (via download) without ordering the CD since we
now have a full 4.2 (just no button applet)? It would be nice if the trial
of the button applet would automatically recognize the full PI 4.2 and
install the full version; or is this just a way to encourage us to buy the
CD ROM?

John S.

2. NMAA Job Posting: Multimedia Designer

3. upgrade voor pi 4.2 or pi5,when.

4. Halos in PoV-Ray 3.1 - how to do them?

5. Free Upgrade to GIF Animator 3.0 for PI 4.2 Users

6. Advice on NT Workstation.

7. upgrade 4.2 messes up PI Explorer?

8. looking for parallel graphic algorithms

9. Help With 4.2 Upgrade for PI

10. Erasing in PI 4.2

11. Correcting barrel distortion in PI 4.2 ?

12. PI 4.2 Object Libraries

13. New Web Site Under Construction using PI 4.2, Please Review