Converting .VOB to MPEG

Post by MSFT » Thu, 03 Jul 2003 08:13:32

Hello,

I have some home made DVD's and I want to create a "best of" sort of thing,
but don't want to have to re-record the material.

I found software that will extract .VOB files, but can VS 6 or DVD Movie
Maker convert these to MPEG?

Also, can I have an MPEG clip running in the background of my chapter menu
(like commercial DVD's do.)  I've used music and static images, but I want
to take it a bit further.

Thanks,

Pat

Converting .VOB to MPEG

Post by Cory » Thu, 03 Jul 2003 09:45:03

I think Canopus has a converter that makes vobs to mpgs.  You might want to
check it out. www.canopus.com

--
Cory Watilo
www.watilo.com

Quote:> Hello,

> I have some home made DVD's and I want to create a "best of" sort of
thing,
> but don't want to have to re-record the material.

> I found software that will extract .VOB files, but can VS 6 or DVD Movie
> Maker convert these to MPEG?

> Also, can I have an MPEG clip running in the background of my chapter menu
> (like commercial DVD's do.)  I've used music and static images, but I want
> to take it a bit further.

> Thanks,

> Pat

Converting .VOB to MPEG

Post by Jerry Jon » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 02:35:05

Quote:> I found software that will extract .VOB files, but can VS 6 or DVD Movie
> Maker convert these to MPEG?

Three Ulead applications will import the MPEGs.

1. VideoStudio 7.0;

http://www.ulead.com/vs/trial.htm

2. MediaStudio Pro 7.0;

http://www.ulead.com/msp/trial.htm

3. DVD MovieFactory 2.

http://www.ulead.com/dmf/trial.htm

Jerry Jones
http://www.jonesgroup.net

Converting .VOB to MPEG

Post by MSFT » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 02:46:04

Many thanks, I will give it a try!

> I think Canopus has a converter that makes vobs to mpgs.  You might want
> check it out. www.canopus.com

> --
> Cory Watilo
> www.watilo.com
> www.soundlightproductions.net

> > Hello,

> > I have some home made DVD's and I want to create a "best of" sort of
> thing,
> > but don't want to have to re-record the material.

> > I found software that will extract .VOB files, but can VS 6 or DVD Movie
> > Maker convert these to MPEG?

> > Also, can I have an MPEG clip running in the background of my chapter
menu
> > (like commercial DVD's do.)  I've used music and static images, but I
want
> > to take it a bit further.

> > Thanks,

> > Pat

1. VOB FILES

    How can i play VOB files extract from a DVD with C++Builder?

--
**** Pigeon "Mac Fly" Nicolas                          **********
**** 15 rue Jean Monnet  14000 Caen tel:02 31 43 84 92 **********

**** Le c?t obscur rvle ta vraie nature             **********

2. graphics webmasters needed

3. vob reader ???

4. How is Oxygen 202 cards 2D performance.

5. How to play DVD file(vob)?

6. Lost a reply...

7. Component to Play .VOB (DVD) ?

8. Ray Dream newbie/how about those bugs?

9. delphi 4 playing vob files on ATI Rage cards

10. Converting jpeg to mpeg

11. Convert bmp to mpeg?

12. Converting MPEG to AVI

13. convert >1000 jpg's to mpeg