Gif Animation, needs help

Post by gran » Fri, 25 Oct 2002 04:01:26

Hello,
I would like to learn how to make gif animations.  I have PhotoImpact 7 with
GIF Animator 5.

I tried to make one of some slalom skateboard races.  Here is one:
http://members.cox.net/radiocheck/martin.animation.gif

But the pictures seems to load too slow.  Am I doing something wrong.  What
can I do to fix this.

Thanks, Glenn

Gif Animation, needs help

Post by djurli » Fri, 25 Oct 2002 12:16:54

The quick answer to getting the animation to load faster is to
compress it so the file size is smaller.

In the Optimize tab in GIF Animator 5, reduce the number of colors 32.
Apply dither to taste.  That gets the file size down to about half the
original.

A more advanced way to go about this would be to cut the skater out of
the frames as objects and place him against a single background so
that he moves but the backgound doesn't.  It's not as realistic
looking but lets you reduce the size by about half again.

HTH

Dwight

> Hello,
> I would like to learn how to make gif animations.  I have PhotoImpact 7 with
> GIF Animator 5.

> I tried to make one of some slalom skateboard races.  Here is one:
> http://members.cox.net/radiocheck/martin.animation.gif

> But the pictures seems to load too slow.  Am I doing something wrong.  What
> can I do to fix this.

> Thanks, Glenn

1. Help -- Need GIF Animation Program

Please  ..... If anyone knows of any Program that I can use to Animate
        a series of GIF files I would appreciate your sharing the knowledge.

I am using a Pentium 133 Mmhz 16 Meg Ram and Win95.

I need to be able to create a small animated GIF file for a WEB page.

Thanks,
Dave C.

2. renderware newsgroup

3. Need help with my gif animation (made w/PS)

4. Password Protection How?

5. *****Need GIF Animation Help With Clouds*****

6. Help with Form and API - VB5/6

7. HELP! (GIF sites help needed again)

8. Horse power

9. HELP! I need help with GIF Files

10. I need a GIF Animation file

11. Good Gif animation program needed

12. New GIF Animation program : testers needed!