MSP6.0 editing setup

Post by creanz » Mon, 06 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Hello,

I would like to know what kind of setting I would choose to obtain the best
quality/size ratio when I edit my videos.
I mean the best settings to edit:
e-mail-videos
cd-rom videos
DV-in videos on tape

I use a digital jvc videocamera to capture my videos.

Thanks, Mario

MSP6.0 editing setup

Post by Agent666 » Mon, 11 Dec 2000 01:07:52

I f you you the DV cam MS 1394 driver and runn everthing stock my
footage comes out great but I wouldnt go above 720 X 480 for email
that usually comes out as a pretty hefty sized file. this is what I
normally use and I show them with a Eiki projector on a 9 X12 Screen.
they allways come out great.

things to remeber:
if it dosent look good before you put in the pc there is not alot you
can do in the end  (ie Bad footage is just that)

planning is the key

here are the settings I use HD space is not easy to come by so I try
to keep stuf small

NTSC drop frame (29.97 fps)
Frame-based
Overlay track(s):3
Microsoft AVI Files
24 Bits, 720 x 480, 29.97 fps
DV Video Encoder -- type 1
PCM, 48.000 kHz, 16 Bit, Stereo

Quote:>Hello,

>I would like to know what kind of setting I would choose to obtain the best
>quality/size ratio when I edit my videos.
>I mean the best settings to edit:
>e-mail-videos
>cd-rom videos
>DV-in videos on tape

>I use a digital jvc videocamera to capture my videos.

>Thanks, Mario

1. simple newbie msp6.5 video edit question...please

Im a newbie using msp6.5. I'm pulling mpeg2 at 5mb/sec in from hi8 cam
thru instant dvd usb.
As i put the tracks of captured vid on alternating tracks and overlap
with fx transitions I have a question. Very basic I'm sure.

 In the middle of a clip if I want to freeze a frame/scene for 1 or 2
sec, in order to overwrite a particularly jumpy segment of the same
time, BUT continue the audio, unaffected....what's the easiest way to
capture the frame and use it in the above fashion.

Also, If I'm pulling clips, captured at 5mb/sec and now going to
'export' to dvd using the dvd plugin to burn on the pioneer a03, Is it
going to 're' encode the project using the ligos encoder? and isn't
that going to degradade the quality further? If that's what has to be
done, I 've read cinemacraft is better than ligos Can't it be used
instead as a stand alone or does that than make Premiere with the
cinemacraft plugin better for mpeg2 quality encoding?

thanks,

2. printing PostScript files

3. editing problem with MSP6.0

4. Bombers? B-17? B-29?

5. MSP 6.0 editing setup

6. Search for prog which calculate/draw isosurfaces

7. Editing: Searching for Pixel Editing tool (TIFF, PICTs)

8. HSR

9. WMV files in MSP6.5

10. Importing adobe effect filters into MSP6

11. msp6.5 and gif

12. MSP6 Video Capture problem/question

13. Image is black when I import a mpg2 file into MSP6.5