Slideshow on pc cd player-not dvd player

Slideshow on pc cd player-not dvd player

Post by Paul » Wed, 25 Jun 2003 23:01:50

I have created a slideshow and want to give it to the family but most of
them only have a standard cd player...not a dvd drive.  What do I have to do
so they can view the slideshow on their cd...preferably auto start?
Thanks

Slideshow on pc cd player-not dvd player

Post by Gareth Hard » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 00:16:51

Turn it into a web page called Index.htm (or whatever)
then have a file in the root directory of the CD called "autorun.inf" which
contains just the text:

[autorun]
open=start Index.htm

Works for me...

Quote:> I have created a slideshow and want to give it to the family but most of
> them only have a standard cd player...not a dvd drive.  What do I have to
do
> so they can view the slideshow on their cd...preferably auto start?
> Thanks

Slideshow on pc cd player-not dvd player

Post by Paul » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 05:54:08

Great idea!  Thanks

Quote:> Turn it into a web page called Index.htm (or whatever)
> then have a file in the root directory of the CD called "autorun.inf"
which
> contains just the text:

> [autorun]
> open=start Index.htm

> Works for me...

> > I have created a slideshow and want to give it to the family but most of
> > them only have a standard cd player...not a dvd drive.  What do I have
> do
> > so they can view the slideshow on their cd...preferably auto start?
> > Thanks

Slideshow on pc cd player-not dvd player

Post by Jerry Jon » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 07:22:30

Ulead PhotoExplorer is a good option for so-called "PC slideshows."

It allows you to create a CD specifically targeted at PC CD-ROM drives
and the finished disc includes a self-starting player:

http://www.ulead.com/pex/features.htm

Jerry Jones
http://www.jonesgroup.net

Post by Gareth Hard » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 10:17:33

Quote:> > > I have created a slideshow and want to give it to the family but most
of
> > > them only have a standard cd player...not a dvd drive.  What do I have
> > do
> > > so they can view the slideshow on their cd...preferably auto start?
> > Turn it into a web page called Index.htm (or whatever)
> > then have a file in the root directory of the CD called "autorun.inf"
> which
> > contains just the text:

> > [autorun]
> > open=start Index.htm

> > Works for me...
> Great idea!  Thanks

I lied...

...unintentionally.

I've just had to write a VB routine to replace the "start" bit, because XP
does not have "start.exe".

Sorry, and all that.

(now I just need to work out how to trap the absence of msvbv60.dll)

Slideshow on pc cd player-not dvd player

Post by Steve Paru » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 23:40:17

Photodex  ProShow can make a slide show that auto-starts on a PC and
also include a svcd show that will play on dvd.  Both on the same cd.

http://www.photodex.com/products/proshow/index.html

1. Creating CD for DVD Player

I have a Panasonic RV31 DVD Player. It says that it can read CD-R/CD-RW discs.
I am trying to find the correct format to SAVE the flim clip and what format to
WRITE to the disc. It sould like Video CD is the correct format but it just
doesn't want to play.  I am using up CD's like crazy trying to find the right
combination.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Peter

2. Rendering

3. VideoCD works PC, but have an audio &video delay Problem on DVD player

4. Help with Transparent gifs

5. Apple DVD Player & SCSI DVD-ROM Drive

6. Do glClearColor and glColor show different effects on displayed luminance??

7. ANNOUNCE : D-Player ( 3D real time dancing player )

8. comp.graphics.rendering.raytracing FAQ (part 1/2)

9. Q: Media Player and Real Player

10. ANNOUNCE: D-Player 1.0a (3D Real time dancing MP3 player) released

11. ANNOUNCE : D-Player ( 3D real time dancing player )