VS 7.0 File size increases after using "Extract Video" function for a clip !

VS 7.0 File size increases after using "Extract Video" function for a clip !

Post by J. Schwarzko » Tue, 24 Jun 2003 17:40:09

After capturing a TV show with a DBV card and adpating the pva file to
a 3 Giga mpeg file, I tried to copy the film on a dvd cutting off all
commercials before.
After using the "Extract video" function cutting all commercial clips
I got 4 seperate clips for my project but the whole file size
increased from 3 to 5.7 gigabyte?

What went wrong, I reduced the original film from 1h50 to 1h30 but the
file size increased instead of decreasing?

Now the file does not fit on a 4,7 +RW? How can I solve the problem?

1. Increasing the "size" of the colormap

SGI Indigo2
4.0.5H-IOP
64Mb RAM
Window MGR: twm/tvtwm

I've run into situations where color based applications cannot get the
colors out of the colormap for display, resulting in an obscure message
about this problem and having the X client revert to B/W.

Interested in knowing: can you "increase" the colormap, e.g. the size,
the number of values it can support, the allocation of resources to it
when it needs it etc?

Concern about memory overhead should not be significant, unless a mod
would dent the memory to an excessive level.

Thanx...John

2. looking for visulization demos

3. ****"""""BUG IN PROGRAM"""*****

4. L*a*b Color definitions and differenzes in PS-CS

5. file size increases using max3

6. Usare i metodi grafici (pset.circle,line) sull'oggetto printer

7. Canvas size increase increases image size

8. Computing Graphics in Spain.

9. Extracting the "My Computer" Icon

10. Resetting "factory" settings PSP 7.0

11. PSP 7.0 "making thumbnails"

12. "Open Publication" window in PM 7.0