DVD Moviefactory 2, capture PAL DVD??

Post by belu » Wed, 09 Jul 2003 20:33:45

hi,
  I use DVD movie factory2 to author my DVD's. I would like to use it to
also capture my video, just to save the hassle of loading up other software.
I do not have any problems creating DVD's in PAL, but the capture options
only seems to let me capture NTSC in DVD or only VCD with PAL. The mpeg
setting box for capture doesnt have a profile for PAL DVD at all.

I tried calling ulead UK, but its either the wrong day or I have called too
late!

thanks if anyone can help, or let me know if its just how it is.

dan

DVD Moviefactory 2, capture PAL DVD??

Post by Jerry Jon » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 07:47:30

That's odd.

I would recommend that you send that question to the tech support
folks via the official form:

http://www.ulead.co.uk/tech/suppform.htm

Jerry Jones
http://www.jonesgroup.net

DVD Moviefactory 2, capture PAL DVD??

Post by belu » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 08:04:37

hi,
    thanks, I did actually try this and they just replied with the way to
change the project settings, even though i made it clear it was only the
capture that wasnt giving me any PAL options :(

dan

Quote:> That's odd.

> I would recommend that you send that question to the tech support
> folks via the official form:

> http://www.ulead.co.uk/tech/suppform.htm

> Jerry Jones
> http://www.jonesgroup.net

1. Ulead DVD MovieFactory video capture settings with ATI Radeon 7200

I'm just experimenting with this app, looking for something to capture some
video from VHS and archive it to a VCD. The video capture options strike me
as odd though - the default is 320 x 240, and the maximum size is 720 x 240.
Obviously, the highest resolution isn't correct from an aspect ratio
standpoint.

If I change the capture plugin from DirectShow to MPEG, I get more video
format options (640 x 480, etc.), but I can't select them because my device
capture doesn't support those resolutions.

I'm using an ATI Radeon 7200 (the original 64 meg VIVO model) - does this
simply mean that the card can't support high-resolution video capture and
I'm SOL? Any suggestions for a capture product that doesn't break the bank?
No DV cams here, just VHS archiving.

Thanks for any input - it's been a couple of years since I've dabbled in
video capture...

2. Microtek vs. Mustek vs. UMAX?

3. MovieFactory Copy to DVD Problems Help!

4. Q: anyone using Dosch Design elements?

5. Ulead DVD MovieFactory 2 - more problems

6. Steamer tutorial

7. Ulead DVD MovieFactory & DirectX

8. request : i need help about VGA HARDWARE

9. DVD MovieFactory and DirectX7?

10. VIO Driver Error in DVD MovieFactory

11. Encoding MPEG-2 with DVD MovieFactory

12. Ulead DVD MovieFactory long files